Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The quick answer is no. At least they’re not US bobbies.
Ironically, despite what we hear in the media, some US police departments are more professional then the uk's. it's just that as soon as they need numbers it gets from bad to worse, bit the same as here an everywhere in Europe.
The difficulty for the police is that they face vexatious complaints from a-holes all the time, as well as behaviour towards them which is unjustified and unpleasant.
Or poeple who post little clips on social media, showing only one part of the story and then giving their own spin to it. But key point people who are arrested aren't always honest, and media picking up these kind of things often don't show or digg a bit deeper to expose just that.

This is bound to lead to an entrenched attitude and a thick skin. They aren't always able to recruit the brightest and the best, which means they end up with some pretty undesirable people in their midst who don't have what it takes to maintain a professional composure at all times.
That is indeed an important part of the issue, training and selecting 100 professionals is, relatively easy, a 1000 a bit harder, and how higher the number obviously how more complicated it's going to get. Combined with the fact that as it stands the police already has issues filling their vacancy's

The report says that the Met are institutionally racist, homophobic and misogynistic (which it is). How do we tackle this? With diversity training? This is the very stuff that right-wing culture warriors have been fighting against as 'woke'.
According to the likes of Blm ''all whites are racist'' an the general tone of ''wokism'' isn't inclusion but exclusion it just seeks to discriminate an other group. on the basis of other properties but other than that 'it's nothing new. Wokism, nazism, kkk, etc. are in actions all the same, despite they all have different claims to it.

Diversity training strongly leans on either wokism and/or blm or likewise ideologies.

But it's also based on USerisation of Europe. While there is a very big difference in the understanding of Racism in Europe opposed to the US. Not saying that there isn't any racism in europe but there is an big difference between how people look at racism in europe vs the US.

So yet an other ''training'' is just as a short term solution just as dividing the police into 3000(random number) smaller departments/divisions/however you wanna call it, sure it will work on the short term but on the long term you need more, you need policy's control mechanisms etc. to make sure not only that officer understand somekind of attitudes or jokes are not done if you are a police officer but also that you're not getting away with it.

C R

Über Member
The more you (and others) say it, the more it remains complete bollocks.
1679680839305.png

multitool

Shaman
According to the likes of Blm ''all whites are racist'' an the general tone of ''wokism'' isn't inclusion but exclusion it just seeks to discriminate an other group. on the basis of other properties but other than that 'it's nothing new. Wokism, nazism, kkk, etc. are in actions all the same, despite they all have different claims to it.

Diversity training strongly leans on either wokism and/or blm or likewise ideologies.

People who use the word "wokism" are de facto idiots.

Sorry. I don't make the rules.

Milzy

Go woke and you’ll go broke. A new generation will emerge to stamp it out eventually. Just like the younger generations will see gammons die out and re-join the EU.

The more you (and others) say it, the more it remains complete bollocks.
That's indeed how ''ism' start, you claim to be the better ideology by claiming the opponents of it or better said those who display any for of criticism are stupid/bollocks etc. The ones a bit more vocal like J.K. Rowling already have been harrassed by poeple picturing themselves in front of her door, now she has security and all but still, it are all the traits of earlier mentioned movements, including poeple like you being the usefull idiots defending it. (and no that does not say i defend/agree/etc. with anything that anyone against wokism says that's also a classic ''with us or against of trait'')
I presume that means you think the police get it right some of the time.
I hope you remember that comment when referring to the rapist/murderer/etc/ of your wife/daughter/son alltough i also hope something like that never happens to you or anyone.
I mean it's an nice one liner, but let me aske yo this question: Do we need law and order, to preserve equality and peace? Or do we need law and order to give the police a job?

mudsticks

Squire
Go woke and you’ll go broke. A new generation will emerge to stamp it out eventually. Just like the younger generations will see gammons die out and re-join the EU.

I know I'm going to regret asking this - sometimes I just can't help myself 🙄
but what does
"Go woke and you'll go broke" even mean.??

Act with political and social awareness, and you will become destitute ?

Have some empathy, and concern for the well being and situation of other humans, especially those not like yourself, and all your businesses will fail ??

Or what ??

mudsticks

Squire
It’s from Twitter so we should proceed with some caution but it appears pretty believable to me. I mean, it’s not an uncommon experience for young black men in expensive looking cars, is it?

I absolutely agree that it's not an uncommon experience at all.
The stats themselves reveal it.

But for this orificer to have explicitly said all that, knowing surely there was a very good chance that he could be recorded seems a tad implausible.

If it's true, he either is a complete moron, or

or -

- nope I can't think of any alternative possibilities .. 🤔

Top Bottom