Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Hold on. Don’t you mean suspects?

No he means totally innocent decent citizens, being harrassed by the facsist bully-boys on a power-trip.

Fear of the chase is the deceased problem not the police.

Are you really suggesting that the police should not try to apprehend criminals because the criminal may fear the police chasing them?

Is it that binary?

The Police can use all sorts of techniques to apprehend suspects in vehicles. We know from long experience that chases have risks, not just for the suspects but for other people on and around the road as well as Officers taking part.

That's why chases are avoided wherever possible.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Is it that binary?

The Police can use all sorts of techniques to apprehend suspects in vehicles. We know from long experience that chases have risks, not just for the suspects but for other people on and around the road as well as Officers taking part.

That's why chases are avoided wherever possible.

True.

However, the report I have read, says the Police were following (not at time of incident), not chasing.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Fear of the chase wouldn't instantly subside because the police were temporarily stymied by the bollards.

True, however, report I read said "following", not "chasing".

Additionally "fear of the chase" would suggest the individual knew they were doing something wrong?

Personally, I don't assume I am being "chased", or, even, followed, just because a Police car happens to be behind me.

matticus

Guru
Additionally "fear of the chase" would suggest the individual knew they were doing something wrong?

Personally, I don't assume I am being "chased", or, even, followed, just because a Police car happens to be behind me.
You need to put yourself inside Ian's head here.

D

Deleted member 28

See previous response.

Your arse must be that sore due to all the fence sitting you do, have you got any balls?

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
The ambulance has now confirmed it was not parked up, but was driving back to the depot with no one in the back.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Your arse must be that sore due to all the fence sitting you do, have you got any balls?

No fence-sitting here. I'm just not offering an opinion about something for which there is very little reliable information. Why would anyone do otherwise?

Milzy

This is a future common trend I’m afraid. Almost as common as kids vaping. If they want to do illegal riding been young & wild etc they could at least disguise their face with a full face helmet.

spen666

Why?

Police arrest many people whom they suspect of a crime. They’re not criminals unless they are convicted, so your comment suggests you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself.

I thought you were all for due process. Or aren’t you really a lawyer?

I stand by my comments.

You obviously do not understand/ agree with the point I was making.

That is fine by me.
I've stated my view, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

Top Bottom