Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Yup.

Words can have common usage meanings in additional to some technical/legal meaning. (The latter are usually more specific, but rarely more "correct").

On the other hand, it might be libellous or slanderous to call someone a criminal if you can't prove that they are.
I suppose you're safe enough if they're dead.

matticus

Guru
On the other hand, it might be libellous or slanderous to call someone a criminal if you can't prove that they are.

We're not writing for national newspapers here. A statement based on Occam's Razor is good enough for me within these walls.
Who is being slandered or libelled here:
1686561422583.png

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member
We're not writing for national newspapers here. A statement based on Occam's Razor is good enough for me within these walls.
Who is being slandered or libelled here:
View attachment 4027

slowmotion

Does anybody know what Ruby The Heart Stealer is up to these days? She was last seen accompanying an aged businessman to a ball in Switzerland, I think.

D

Deleted member 28

Are you for real?

OK then, if you saw someone throw a brick through a shop window, climb in and take a TV for example would you call them a criminal?

matticus

Guru
Are you for real?

OK then, if you saw someone throw a brick through a shop window, climb in and take a TV for example would you call them a criminal?

it might be their own shop!

Top Bottom