Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I fully and utterly understand the collective groan when you appeared here.

Only in your own moronic mind.

There were lots of cordial welcomes, even though those posters knew they would disagree with nearly every post I make.

You ought to be worried about your increasingly weak grip on reality.

multitool

Why is it we never come across such opinionated people like you in the real world where live discussions can take place, is it because you're quiet as a mouse in the company of proper blokes?

Interesting and valid question

You are far more opinionated than me.

Hence...

Before you ask, yes I've had a smack in the gob on more than one occasion for speaking my mind.

...does not entirely surprise me.

But the reality is I don't tend to hang around with the sort of people I'm likely to find genuinely irritating (who would?). By the same token there are very few people I meet that I can't get along with, but I'm very far from the shy retiring mouse you think I am.

I can only once recall anyone threatening me, but I was 20, he was pissed, and he got a kicking later at the appropriate and pragmatic moment. Beyond that, fighting is for stupid, ugly people, no?

This online thing is really quite new to me, no surprises there eh?

It's the nature of the beast, faceless people with little to moderate their behaviour. Hardly unknown for Internet fora to be adversarial, and tbh its part of the fun.

D

Deleted member 28

Interesting and valid question

You are far more opinionated than me.

Hence...

...does not entirely surprise me.

But the reality is I don't tend to hang around with the sort of people I'm likely to find genuinely irritating (who would?). By the same token there are very few people I meet that I can't get along with, but I'm very far from the shy retiring mouse you think I am.

I can only once recall anyone threatening me, but I was 20, he was pissed, and he got a kicking later at the appropriate and pragmatic moment. Beyond that, fighting is for stupid, ugly people, no?

It's the nature of the beast, faceless people with little to moderate their behaviour. Hardly unknown for Internet fora to be adversarial, and tbh its part of the fun.

And you my friend are the opitome of a faceless person, bright and well educated no doubt but a weakling non the less who's found his voice through the Internet.

I guess you were buggered senseless at boarding school.

multitool

And you my friend are the opitome of a faceless person, bright and well educated no doubt but a weakling non the less who's found his voice through the Internet.

It's you that's been smacked in the face, repeatedly, pal, not me.

So much for your " I walk quietly with a big stick" bullshît.

I guess you were buggered senseless at boarding school.

You'd guess wrong then. Didn't go to boarding school, never been buggered, but cheers for including me in your sexual imaginings.

D

Deleted member 28

So much for your " I walk quietly with a big stick" bullshît.

I have done in the past when required, unfortunately when faced with dicks like you and their bulshit views I can't hold back, some you win some you lose.

Anyway, as fun as this is I'm off.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As ever with you, a shallow and uninformed take based on rather mediocre experience.

The ACMD (look it up) recommended that Cannabis NOT be returned to Class B, but were ignored by the ministers in 2009. In 2012 the Home Affairs Select Committee reported on UK drugs laws. They were split over down classifying Cannabis back to C, with 3 Vs 3. Thus the status quo was maintained.

This should be enough to tell you that the situation is far more nuanced than you make out. If your contact with the police had been something more than at pedestrian level you would know that police chiefs favour decriminalisation of hard drugs, with National Police Chiefs’ Council and College of Policing choosing to effectively decriminalise first time offences of cannabis and cocaine use. The only thing preventing them from being more outspoken are political constraints, especially now that we have a hard right government looking to appeal to gammon like you.

There are almost no people involved in drug treatment or enforcement who view punitive approaches as effective. Added to which, there are plenty of harm reduction models in action in Portugal, Netherlands and even the US.

That almost half of US states have legalised cannabis should be evidence enough of how far behind the UK sits.

View attachment 4317

A rare event this, something the USA does which is hailed as being progressive, on here.

multitool

A rare event this, something the USA does which is hailed as being progressive, on here.

Well, the US is a strange mix of incredibly forward thinking and horrifically reactionary.

I think I'm probably as surprised as you are by the drugs thing, though.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Sigh.
I'll fight you shep.
You've been shouting the odds forever; time to put your trousers where your mouth is.
Set a time and place somewhere roughly equidistant from my Borders estate and your Dudley hovel and let's do it. Perhaps York, that I might take in a gallery or two - and perhaps a play - after I've settled your gobby hash.

In my experience, it's not the hardness of the drugs that is the problem. The problem is the state of mind and/or mental health of the individuals using. Many (and I've met quite a few) do not have a good family network. Many only have friends who use drugs too. The so-called deterrent of getting caught is looked upon by most I've met as an occupational hazard, one that rarely causes a problem for them as there is hardly any police presence. Simply put, if you're sensible enough to use drugs responsibly then you're probably sensible enough not to use drugs at all. There isn't much of a middle ground IME

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom