Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

I hope you're going to empty the grit bin and give everyone a white Christmas.

I'm thinking of wheeling it over to the village summer fete* and running it as a Banksy-inspired 'Unlucky Dip'.

Bound to be a baggie in there amongst the needles.

Probably won't help my relationship with the Vicar though.

Last edited:

multitool

Loads more stuff. To cut it short, the PCSOs are now applying for a Court Injunction against the two peanuts. Numerous thefts from shop deliveries, and now they are tampering with the shop CCTV, and all this is after already being arrested. Apparently, the police no longer need much in the way of evidence. Just the occurrence of crime will be attributed to the junkies given the huge pattern of offending.

So, once again, it is heartening that PCSOs are not pointless, useless, etc but are actually an important part of community safety.

The couple next door to the shop have been approached by the shop volunteers and asked for help. Lady was keen as junkie had knocked on her door late at night asking for "lemon juice".

Lemon juice from her. A bag of sugar from us. And the selfish prîck didn't even offer me a slice of the delicious lemon drizzle cake he must have been making.

multitool

Seems fine.

It what happens when there is a pattern of offending, so for example if £25 worth of bread goes missing this week the Police will assume it is the junkie given that there is documented evidence of him doing exactly the same thing every week for the past month.

When you see reports of criminals admitting other offences, or asking for other offences to "be taken into consideration" this is what it is.It is also the Police 'solving' crimes.

This is a serial petty-offender committing daily petty crime. The guy will be known to the Police wherever he has lived.

It's hardly the Guildford Four.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Nothing about these "junkies" makes any sense.

Twocking eggs and bread is hardly going to feed a habit. Leaving drugs in phone box libraries and grit bins isn't something they'd do, unless they are monumentally daft.

If they are as much of a menace as you're making out, they'd have been dealt with far more swiftly than the years it's taken to get to this point.

multitool

Twocking eggs and bread is hardly going to feed a habit. Leaving drugs in phone box libraries and grit bins isn't something they'd do, unless they are monumentally daft.

If they are as much of a menace as you're making out, they'd have been dealt with far more swiftly than the years it's taken to get to this point.

I did think about answering your post. Then I decided that there is no point. Your post says everything about your mindset, and nothing about events here, about which you know or understand very little.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

So far, there is only paper work, they have not been "dealt with". No idea what the situation is where these "goings on" are, but, in the area in which I live (not that far from you) it is not uncommon to read of individuals with hundreds of previous convictions, still continuing as "normal", I even know one or two such individuals.

multitool

Different driving factors, I'm afraid Fozy, despite your attempts (repeated) to cast these criminals as victims oppressed by limbless and cancerous nimbies.

These are crimes to feed a drug habit and drug lifestyle, or indeed feed themselves and their mates for free so that the money can be spent elsewhere. They are not shoplifting to feed children, although both of them do have children, to whom they are denied access by the family members who care for them. Just another example of the collateral damage of these people's lives.

The article is right that prison will not solve poverty, but this is, as I said, not the issue at play here. The solution here would be decriminalising the drug use and prescription of substances.

multitool

So far, there is only paper work, they have not been "dealt with". No idea what the situation is where these "goings on" are, but, in the area in which I live (not that far from you) it is not uncommon to read of individuals with hundreds of previous convictions, still continuing as "normal", I even know one or two such individuals.

They've been "dealt with" many, many times.

If what AndyRM thinks was true, we'd not see any junkies over the age of 30. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 49

They're upmarket junkies....some go to the late night garage for tubes of Pringles and sweets,in Tooltown they make themselves poached eggs on toast kindly donated by Tool.
What a heartwarming story...feeding the needy.

multitool

Give me your address. I'll give it to them saying you are willing to house and feed them for free.

What? You'd rather not?

Oh. I thought you were the champion of the poor and the oppressed?

Please don't tell me it's all just hot air. I'll lose faith in humanity.

D

Deleted member 49

Give me your address. I'll give it to them saying you are willing to house and feed them for free.

What? You'd rather not?

Oh. I thought you were the champion of the poor and the oppressed?

Please don't tell me it's all just hot air. I'll lose faith in humanity.
Even Only Fools and Horses ran out of steam.

Cirrus

IMG_1210.jpeg

Pale Rider

Veteran

Your failure to grasp what happens in the real world is startling.

The Tool's experience is common, mundane, happens all across the country.

Regrettably, as this thread shows, there are far too many people inside the system and outside it who are apologists for young offenders.

Mind, that sympathy tends to evaporate when their lives are blighted - as has happened with the Tool.

As @BoldonLad observes, someone with 200 or more previous convictions no longer raises an eyebrow.

Given the pathetic clear up rate, it's safe to say those people have committed five or six times more offences.

Every form of disposal has been tried, over and over.

None works, so the only thing left available to us is a decent dose of prison porridge.

Top Bottom