General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Well that's got my vote. Tough on all you suckers whose tax allowance will still be frozen. Can't remember who froze it, no matter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-28-08-23-04-616_bbc.mobile.news.uk.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-28-08-23-04-616_bbc.mobile.news.uk.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well that's got my vote. Tough on all you suckers whose tax allowance will still be frozen. Can't remember who froze it, no matter.

Me too! £275 by 2030!!!

I was almost convinced my the Thatcher like story about his parents not wanting debt, but, the £275pa has clinched it 😊

Hmm… I am 77 now, will I be here in 2030? Think positive. That £275 will probably buy me a pint at Christmas time.

BoldonLad

Compulsory National Service for 18 year olds and tax breaks for the retired.

Sounds very much like an attempt at damage limitation. Shoring up the grey vote from defecting to Reform.

You are so right, not as subtle as trying to convince the same group with “managing the house keeping and buttering the hovis”.

albion

Guru
Seems, to save money, Sunak previously tried to scrap the existing natiknal volunteering scheme. Instead he massively cut its budget.
Of course, there was no election on then.

The army national service also looks a cheap way to compensate for the known loss of 30,000 troops.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

How about a special policy for those who refuse national service - like being stoned to death by angry pensioners? Should be a winner.

No no, we pensioners wouldn’t enjoy that. Something like having “refusers” watch repeats of Dad’s Army, Till Death us Do Part, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, whilst listening to us talk about the good old days. We could tell them about when money was real £sd, half crowns, ten bob notes, woodbines, etc. That would be more our style. I am sure they would love it. Teach them real British values too 😊

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
No no, we pensioners wouldn’t enjoy that. Something like having “refusers” watch repeats of Dad’s Army, Till Death us Do Part, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, whilst listening to us talk about the good old days. We could tell them about when money was real £as, half crowns, ten bob notes. That would be more our style. 😊

I'm relieved to hear you say you wouldn't enjoy stoning. Boring 18 year olds to death, sounds almost as harsh a penalty though. :headshake:😀

monkers

Legendary Member
No no, we pensioners wouldn’t enjoy that. Something like having “refusers” watch repeats of Dad’s Army, Till Death us Do Part, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, whilst listening to us talk about the good old days. We could tell them about when money was real £sd, half crowns, ten bob notes, woodbines, etc. That would be more our style. I am sure they would love it. Teach them real British values too 😊

On the other hand if national service included getting stoned with pensioners, there might be more engagement.

Hmm… I am 77 now, will I be here in 2030? Think positive. That £275 will probably buy me a pint at Christmas time.

I don't drink but looking at the prices of things i think you're gonna be disappointed and inflation will not buy you an extra pint anymore by that time.
Compulsory National Service for 18 year olds and tax breaks for the retired.

Sounds very much like an attempt at damage limitation. Shoring up the grey vote from defecting to Reform.
Sounds to me very much like that are desperately trying to hold on to those who voted for them for ''delivering brexit'' for all the reasons that turned out to be lies as predicted.

All uphill

They'd probably enjoy hearing about the triple lock on pensions and buying our first houses for £1500 too.

Top Bottom