General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think Sunak is just digging a deep hole about D Day.
He’s just released an interview saying he decided not to attend the commemorations weeks ago!
Yeah really a lot of missed opportunity to tell all the disabled poeple there it's time to ''do their part'' and such...

albion

Guru
Vote for me, I am a conman.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...x-bridgwater-independent-monitoring-authority

First thing he needs to do is repay his hardly legal salary.

ebikeerwidnes

Private schools flourish because they are the preserve of the wealthy. There is nothing more to it than that.

Bit more complex than that
Firstly you have to really want your child to have a "good education" to sedn them there
As a result you are more likely to make sure they do their homework and get good marks - and they will probably go to the parent's evening and check what the teachers say
On which point - if the kid mis-behaves then the school can be kick them out quite easily and without going through the multivarious steps that a normal school has to go through

Also - as there are fees set by the school then they can have smaller classes - ask any teacher and they will tell you that smaller classes equals better teaching and better results
and happier teachers and kids

chuck all that together and you get better results

BTW - I went to a fee paying school - the facilities were rubbish - floorboards so odl that the nails stuck up an inch or more as the wood had worn down around it
Sports facilities were a couple of fields for rugby and cricket and a "gym" that was mostly one big room with space to volleyball, basketball and stuff - all using ancient equipment that had been patched up over many years

But parent engagement was excellent and that made a lot of difference

N.B. I have also taught in an ex independent school that was very similar - very good parent engagement and attitude of the girls (single sex school) - many of whom had had the female member of their family attending the school for several generations

of course - the wealthy are far better able to be able to afford that

ebikeerwidnes

Well - just watched the election debate

just makes me even more certain that Farage is a really nasty man
interrupting and talking over people and even resorting to direct insults

I did notice that he backed down when he tried to interrupt the Welsh guy - from Plaid - probably because he is a big guy and not a woman

TBF - Penny Mordant also talked over people time and time again to she was not so rude or aggressive

They really need to find a way to shut people up because they won;t stop unless forced
no idea how to do it

albion

Guru
Lets see if Clacton's verdict on him stays the same as other elections.
In the EU ones he only won due to apathy, an apathy partly cultivated by the media.

Didn’t watch it.
But the most striking thing from the highlights is Penny Mordants hair.
It was a 1980s power bouffant straight out of the Thatcher playbook. And it looked ridiculous.

That. Exactly.

multitool

Got my eye candy on HIGNFY, not bad for 63 is Carol.

1af.jpeg.jpg

icowden

Legendary Member
The problem with these debates is that the underlying primary function from the broadcasters' point of view isn't information, it's entertainment.
They are gameshows.
And even from the audience point of view they have been shown to make almost no difference to how anyone intends to vote. There are vanishingly few people who go "well, I thought Sunak did well there, I'm changing my mind from voting Labour to voting Tory".

Top Bottom