General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
I think you were too old by then, Ian

My father would have been just old enough to join the latter stages, but wasn't called up. His father was gassed in the 1st war, was too old but tried to join up for the 2nd and died in the attempt - aged 49. Two of his brothers were killed in the Somme.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
My father would have been just old enough to join the latter stages, but wasn't called up. His father was gassed in the 1st war, was too old but tried to join up for the 2nd and died in the attempt - aged 49. Two of his brothers were killed in the Somme.

I too lost my paternal grandfather in WW1 trenches.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I remember this when one of the options was ''need a new bicycle''
GPoejxCXAAAknnG?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I happen to know that you served in the Queen's Royal Armoured Bicycle Division, and participated in flypasts for Her Majesty

Her majesty in WW2?

My father was a conscript, served in North Africa, Burma, was overseas from 1940-1945, during which time his mother died, and, his then fiancée died. No saving Private Ryan for him. He never spoke of it, I only learned of it after his death, aged 49.

For some reason, he hated Winston Churchill with a passion.

You know much less than you think you do. 😊

Beebo

Veteran
Here is the first bit of election propaganda to come through the letterbox.
The branding is very odd and quite clearly meant to represent a Labour message. Why have they chosen red?

IMG_6214.jpeg

multitool

Her majesty in WW2?

Err....yeah. There was a Queen :whistle:

You know much less than you think you do. 😊

Seems I know more than you.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Here is the first bit of election propaganda to come through the letterbox.
The branding is very odd and quite clearly meant to represent a Labour message. Why have they chosen red?

View attachment 6136

They did that with the letter about the sketchy candidate in my area at the local elections, much more subtly too.

multitool

Macron has called a snap election in response to success of far-right National Rally party in Euro elections.

Top Bottom