General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
What happened to your silent majority, Andy? :laugh:

Consistency, we've heard of it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
When did U-turns become a bad thing?

There is no satnav for running a country.

If a change of direction is necessary is a U-turn worse than a 3-point turn?

Agreed, unless the turns are so frequent the direction of travel becomes unclear, and/or it becomes "this is our policy, until it is prudent to say it is not".

From the article, it would appear that the reason for the change is that implementation may be "difficult", I would have to think, shouldn't Reeve have considered this before making a sound bite of it?

In short, it saps my confidence in her (Reeve's) judgement.

Reactions: C R

All uphill

What could be interesting is that that there is a chance the opposition will be the Lib Dems with Reform and the Tories heckling from the sides.

I'd like to see that; this is, imo, the best opportunity for a third party to takeover from the Conservative and Unionists. Unfortunately the Lib Dems seem to be unable to break through into wider public awareness.; that is something Farage seems to excel at.

• Sad

All uphill

Don't know about "interesting", if Reform win even one seat, I would call that worrying, even scary.

I have no sympathy for Reform, but I also think there are dangers in having a significant proportion of the electorate being unrepresented. That's why I'm keen on PR - it brings some responsibility.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Agreed, unless the turns are so frequent the direction of travel becomes unclear, and/or it becomes "this is our policy, until it is prudent to say it is not".

From the article, it would appear that the reason for the change is that implementation may be "difficult", I would have to think, shouldn't Reeve have considered this before making a sound bite of it?

In short, it saps my confidence in her (Reeve's) judgement.

Be honest, is there anything that doesn't sap your confidence in politicians' judgement?

There is no such thing as an infallible politician. Politics is not an exact science and progress looks more like a graph line with rises and falls but hopefully moving in a generally upward direction.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Be honest, is there anything that doesn't sap your confidence in politicians' judgement?

There is no such thing as an infallible politician. Politics is not an exact science and progress looks more like a graph line with rises and falls but hopefully moving in a generally upward direction.

To answer your question, given events in the UK in my lifetime No

I am not asking for infallibility, just a moderate level of competence would do for starters.

I am not a betting man, but, even I would be tempted to punt a few quid on Starmer to be next PM. It just saddens me that the choice is based on “cannot be any worse” rather than something a trifle more positive.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
To answer your question, given events in the UK in my lifetime No

I am not asking for infallibility, just a moderate level of competence would do for starters.

So not looking for full competence, and some level of failure is OK?

Welcome to UK politics and politicians.

Top Bottom