General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Interesting that was put out by the Telegraph

It Was the Telegraph Wot Won It!

Pool interview, but Telegraph hacks lately seem split between those who are reassured that Starmer's a sufficiently safe pair of hands for the interests of capital and the Red Under the Bed loons who think he's secretly left-wing (or posh Nazis that make him look actually left-wing by comparison). Anyway, they'll all swing behind Farage.

Ian H

Legendary Member
It Was the Telegraph Wot Won It!

Pool interview, but Telegraph hacks lately seem split between those who are reassured that Starmer's a sufficiently safe pair of hands for the interests of capital and the Red Under the Bed loons who think he's secretly left-wing (or posh Nazis that make him look actually left-wing by comparison). Anyway, they'll all swing behind Farage.

The Telegraph is rather a rudderless ship at the moment as various groups jockey to buy it. The Tories seem concerned about various foreign bids for their house newsletter.

Beebo

Veteran
It's a good question. Has anyone in the MSM asked it of Luke Akehurst?

Not sure. Maybe the local press in his potential constituency have asked him.
He’s not as high profile as the chairman of the Tory party. So probably does not do as many general interviews where he can get ambushed by questions.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wonder what his first impressions of places he's never been to before, let alone heard of are?

He'd have been better off in Gateshead.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I wonder what his first impressions of places he's never been to before, let alone heard of are?

He'd have been better off in Gateshead.

Is anyone better off in Gateshead? 😊

albion

Guru
The Telegraph is rather a rudderless ship at the moment as various groups jockey to buy it. The Tories seem concerned about various foreign bids for their house newsletter.

The Telegraph, noticeably ever since the incubation of Brexit, and probably ever since it got the Barclays has had very separate interests to the good of the UK economy.

Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

I'm a parent of a child with additional needs. Despite being on an above median wage I can barely afford my mortgage since I've had to move to part time hours in order to home educate.

To be clear I advocate tearing down the entire education system and rebuilding it and our entire society from the ground up, but in the meantime I think private education should absolutely be taxed.

You can't
You have to start from where we are
It is like rebuilding a house - fine but the people living in it now need to have somewhere to live in the meantime
only rebuilding society is far more complex and you can't tell the people to kip in a caravan for a year while we knock down the old country and build a new one

Also - people will fight you - even if it is clearly for their own good (in your opinion) - because people's opinions differ

so - basically a good idea - just not practical
unless you know better??

ebikeerwidnes

You can't
You have to start from where we are
It is like rebuilding a house - fine but the people living in it now need to have somewhere to live in the meantime
only rebuilding society is far more complex and you can't tell the people to kip in a caravan for a year while we knock down the old country and build a new one

Also - people will fight you - even if it is clearly for their own good (in your opinion) - because people's opinions differ

so - basically a good idea - just not practical
unless you know better??

Oh - BTW - I support the change in tax on private school

Presuming it is implemented I confidently expect a begging letter announcement of a new support fund for pupils in my old school.
Yup - it was one of those school - in fact Liz Truss's husband went there I believe - and hence he is officially an Old Birk (careful on the spelling as you might get sued!)

Top Bottom