General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

Moreover, I believe the UK government, and international law enforcement agencies, would take a dim view of individual citizens going out and trying to buy, for example, a brace of cruise missiles.

Fair enough
although one or two people seem to have a use for some sort of ranged weapons when Farage is around

but I am willing to my bit so when they want someone to help out with tank purchasing by - I dunno, maybe taking it for a few test drives?? - then I will be happy to help out

matticus

Guru
Sadly, for us, the "lots of things" he went without included any connection to ordinary life and ordinary people.

I think it's remarkable that he's progressed so far in his career without those advantages - other politicians should be embarassed!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

presta

There's nowt so pointless as voting here, it's a safe seat, which is presumably why we never see any canvassers. The swing it would take to get Cleverly out of here is greater than the swing needed to put Starmer into No 10, so my vote makes no difference whatever happens. It never has, the only way I can affect an election is move to a marginal constituency.

stowie

I think it's remarkable that he's progressed so far in his career without those advantages - other politicians should be embarassed!

President Lula of Brazil grew up in poverty, worked as a shoeshine boy from the age of 12, was illiterate until 10, then gained qualifications whilst working for a metals company where he lost his finger in an industrial accident. He then became a union activist during Military rule, and was jailed for his union activities and strike organisation.

When he meets Rishi now, I expect Lula will be in awe of the hurdles our PM had to overcome to become a national leader. Truly an inspiration to all.

icowden

Legendary Member
There's nowt so pointless as voting here, it's a safe seat, which is presumably why we never see any canvassers. The swing it would take to get Cleverly out of here is greater than the swing needed to put Starmer into No 10, so my vote makes no difference whatever happens. It never has, the only way I can affect an election is move to a marginal constituency.
Electoral Calculus disagrees with you.
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Braintree

There have been boundary changes and the prediction is a Labour win.

The 1997 election saw the previous sitting Conservative, Tony Newton, turfed out.

I suspect the swing this time will be larger.

matticus

Guru
There's nowt so pointless as voting here, it's a safe seat, which is presumably why we never see any canvassers.

Red card. No excuses.

stowie

View: https://x.com/NoContextBrits/status/1800883805202591806

GP4GRB4WQAAxVim?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

presta

The 1997 election saw the previous sitting Conservative, Tony Newton, turfed out.

I suspect the swing this time will be larger.

Yes I know, but that's not what I was getting at.

The swing needed to turn Braintree red is greater than that needed to get Starmer into No.10, so if Braintree turns it makes no difference because Starmer's already got his feet under the table anyway. The Tories got Braintree back again in 2001, but Blair stayed put.

Just 70 seats – 11% of the total – changed party hue at the 2017 election

Top Bottom