General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Hardly any party colours on show around here. Even the local nutter with a Union Jack on a flagpole in her front garden hasn't got a Tory poster and she usually has a metre square poster with a photo of the candidate. (nearly always defaced with a Hitler moustache and blackened teeth by passers by ^_^)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Hardly any party colours on show around here. Even the local nutter with a Union Jack on a flagpole in her front garden hasn't got a Tory poster and she usually has a metre square poster with a photo of the candidate. (nearly always defaced with a Hitler moustache and blackened teeth by passers by ^_^)

There's a few Labour ones around here, which is a given. Seen some reform ones around South Shields which isn't much of a surprise.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Anecdata onna bike. Yesterday, pedalling around Devon and Somerset, it was interesting to see the posters along the way. Rural west and north Devon were mostly a sea of blue; The towns were near exclusively orange. Similarly in Somerset except that the Levels were orange. I don't think I saw a single poster for other parties. Down here in East Devon it seems to be majority orange.

Stayed in Tim Farron's constituency Saturday night.

IMG_20240622_194804517_HDR.jpg

We've only had a Lib Dem leaflet through our door, nothing else. There was far more on show for the local elections, including someone riding around on the back of a van with a megaphone at 9pm

C R

Über Member
I noticed something interesting during my ride through the Worcestershire and Gloucestershire countryside. Several tory signs have sprouted up in different fields, which weren't there last week. The interesting thing was that there are as many, if not more, signs for the greens in farmland and by farm entrances. Quite surprising to me, considering this is tory central.

Top Bottom