General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Its getting funnier by the hour...

Screenshot_20240625_184000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ian H

Legendary Member
Responsible Gambling Week is the betting industry's attempt to head off new laws restricting their unsavoury activities.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
And now Alister Jack is dodging some betting flak too.

From the BBC:

“A Conservative cabinet minister claimed that he won more than £2,000 betting on a July general election.
Shortly after Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced the election date, Scottish Secretary Alister Jack told the BBC he had made £2,100 after betting on June and July election dates. He claimed one of the bets was placed at odds of 25/1.
Last week, Mr Jack told the BBC the comments were “a joke… I was pulling your leg”.
On Tuesday, the Scottish Secretary, who is standing down at the election, said he “did not place any bets on the date of the general election during May”.
Asked whether he had ever bet on the election date, Mr Jack did not respond.”

That bit I’ve bolded is a very specific answer, isn’t it?

Beebo

Veteran
And now Alister Jack is dodging some betting flak too.

From the BBC:

“A Conservative cabinet minister claimed that he won more than £2,000 betting on a July general election.
Shortly after Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced the election date, Scottish Secretary Alister Jack told the BBC he had made £2,100 after betting on June and July election dates. He claimed one of the bets was placed at odds of 25/1.
Last week, Mr Jack told the BBC the comments were “a joke… I was pulling your leg”.
On Tuesday, the Scottish Secretary, who is standing down at the election, said he “did not place any bets on the date of the general election during May”.
Asked whether he had ever bet on the election date, Mr Jack did not respond.”

That bit I’ve bolded is a very specific answer, isn’t it?

If he placed a bet in April, then it was a partly speculative bet knowing that july 3rd was a potential date. But nothing had been agreed by then.
That’s still a gamble, but not a good look. As he would have had more knowledge than the average punter.

Beebo

Veteran
If he placed a bet in April, then it was a partly speculative bet knowing that july 3rd was a potential date. But nothing had been agreed by then.
That’s still a gamble, but not a good look. As he would have had more knowledge than the average punter.

He’s now admitted to placing 3 bets. Only 1 was a winner.

he had placed a £20 bet at five to one - which would have netted him a return of £120 on the election falling between July and September.

He also put two bets on in March of £5 each for an election to be held in May and June respectively.

I presume that this type of behaviour will be banned in the future as it looks bad, but he does appear to be just having a flutter.

It’s the people who bet big on the exact date that will be in trouble.

D

Deleted member 159

Nope, just pointing y'all to what the UK voting public are viewing on ticky-tocky

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Nope, just pointing y'all to what the UK voting public are viewing on ticky-tocky

Ah, see it helps if you actually understand how social media works then.

One of the videos mentions Farage lip syncing to Eminem. Of course that's going to go through the roof.

Top Bottom