General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'm still waiting for Multers to do this

Alright, Jude Bellingham.

multitool

I'm curious though, as to why you are dismayed with Labour's decisions re: Clapton.

Screenshot_20240626_212147_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just seems pragmatic not to devote resources to a seat they can't win.

albion

Guru
Heir Farage is beating the drum about France, totally ignoring the fact that his Brexit is what caused the increase in migrants in the first place.
Very predictable, like Brexit.

We probably have a big European war anyway, when a Trump presidency quickly abandon Europes for Putin.
I suppose with Farage in power we could have one big totalitarian alliance.

C R

Über Member
I'm curious though, as to why you are dismayed with Labour's decisions re: Clapton.

View attachment 6265

Just seems pragmatic not to devote resources to a seat they can't win.

So you keep taking the fight to them. This is how Hitler and Franco got to power.

And by the way, Parsons' devotion to the party didn't save him from being shopped to the thought police by his daughter.

multitool

So you keep taking the fight to them. This is how Hitler and Franco got to power.

We've no history of fascism in this country, CR. Whether by coup, revolution, democracy, or collaboration (the French).

Reform are not going to get into power. They are going to get a maximum of 8 seats, but likely 4.

C R

Über Member
We've no history of fascism in this country, CR. Whether by coup, revolution, democracy, or collaboration (the French).

Reform are not going to get into power. They are going to get a maximum of 8 seats, but likely 4.

They didn't have in Germany either. The NAZI party weren't going to get to power either. Until they did.

multitool

They didn't have in Germany either. The NAZI party weren't going to get to power either. Until they did.

That was almost a century ago.

Plenty of time for the UK to go fascist in the interim. But it hasn't.

Farage has been around for ages. He will win his seat, but he won't win enough to be a problem.

C R

Über Member
That was almost a century ago.

Plenty of time for the UK to go fascist in the interim. But it hasn't.

Farage has been around for ages. He will win his seat, but he won't win enough to be a problem.

Hitler was around for ages too, and no one took him seriously either. Meanwhile the social democrats moved to the "centre" alienating and desenfrachasing the working class, which turned to Hitler. Sounds familiar?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Watched some of the debate tonight. All Sunak had was "taxes". I thought Starmer actually came across quite well.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom