General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Geniuses in the ridiculous single issue 'Rejoin EU' party in my constituency standing against our actual former MEP. You'd think they might focus their resources elsewhere.

No Reform candidate here though. The fringe nutters we've got are Rejoin EU, SDP and Worker's Party. A good friend of mine does seem to have been drawn in by SDP propaganda which is a bit concerning.

C R

Über Member
Geniuses in the ridiculous single issue 'Rejoin EU' party in my constituency standing against our actual former MEP. You'd think they might focus their resources elsewhere.

No Reform candidate here though. The fringe nutters we've got are Rejoin EU, SDP and Worker's Party. A good friend of mine does seem to have been drawn in by SDP propaganda which is a bit concerning.

Don't the SDP have some kind of pact with Reform?

I'm curious though, as to why you are dismayed with Labour's decisions re: Clapton.

Was he even on the short list? Did Keir say, 'Eric, I'm sure you'd be wonderful tonight but we're at a bit of a crossroads..'?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I was out and missed it. I was wondering what Keir's dad did for work. Did he mention it at all?

I only watched about 10 minutes, but he mentioned his working class roots, yes. And Sunak said he knew how tough things were because his parents ran a small business, but he didn't discuss the deprivation of not having Sky.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just when you think the grotty little clique running the Labour Party can't get any worse...
You are castigating the Labour party for not bothering to fight for the Conservative's 5th safest seat in the country. Taking Reform out of the equation, in order to win in Clacton, the swing would mean that the Conservative party would be left with 4 MPs. The Reform intervention has destroyed the Tory safe seat notion but only by taking the vast majority of the usual swivel eyed loons who vote Tory.

Labour hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning Clacton.

I only watched about 10 minutes, but he mentioned his working class roots, yes. And Sunak said he knew how tough things were because his parents ran a small business, but he didn't discuss the deprivation of not having Sky.

There needs to be some system put in place whereby you lose 5,000 votes for every time you mention your working class credentials during the campaign. And 10,000 votes off if you're pictured doing something like drinking a pint or eating a pie.

These 4 Yorkshiremen type shenanigans can't continue to go unpunished and I do not want to see another photo of Farage in a football top.

Edit. Apparently he doesn't like the new kit so that's why he chose to wear this one from 1996. Of all the kits. This decision alone renders him unfit to govern.

afp-nigel-farage-west-provoked-russia-2-2024-06-a81a107ad795470268b9ee0c02b4f089.jpg

Last edited:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You are castigating the Labour party for not bothering to fight for the Conservative's 5th safest seat in the country. Taking Reform out of the equation, in order to win in Clacton, the swing would mean that the Conservative party would be left with 4 MPs. The Reform intervention has destroyed the Tory safe seat notion but only by taking the vast majority of the usual swivel eyed loons who vote Tory.

Labour hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning Clacton.

Actually I was castigating them for leaving a popular young black candidate standing on an anti-racist platform high and dry in the key symbolic English nationalist battleground of the election. Labour contests all sort of seats it's unlikely to win - this one/its predecessor was a previously Labour seat lost during the long Blairite malaise and national shift rightward, not some kind of eternal soil that sprouts herrenvolk. He's not even some leftist that they need to fark over for their control-freak factionist project - just a progressive moderate who people really like. The sort of candidate a serious centre-left party would nurture, especially one which might like to demonstrate that it is not as racist as it lately appears.

But I suppose none of this is a problem if you have the politics of a swingometer.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Aurora's on good form lately in this thread. I guess she's not the one here who's yoked themselves to an obviously dubious project and committed to styling it out however deranged it becomes.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Reform will win maybe 5 seats out of 650.

Let's not wee our pants just yet. Even if theclaud has posted a meme.

When should we start weeing our pants, in your opinion? I don't mean counting by Reform seats won - you could choose another measure. Your granny goes on a climate protest for the first time and gets a baton in the teeth from Starmer's goons, for example? Your neighbour gets their door kicked in and chucked in a wagon heading for a flight to Bangladesh? JK Rowling, now Equalities Minister, abolishes the Gender Recognition Act? You choose...

Top Bottom