General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
When should we start weeing our pants, in your opinion? I don't mean counting by Reform seats won - you could choose another measure. Your granny goes on a climate protest for the first time and gets a baton in the teeth from Starmer's goons, for example? Your neighbour gets their door kicked in and chucked in a wagon heading for a flight to Bangladesh? JK Rowling, now Equalities Minister, abolishes the Gender Recognition Act? You choose...

When the yob he run out of the village returns as part of a troop of Farage's goons.

multitool

When should we start weeing our pants, in your opinion? I don't mean counting by Reform seats won - you could choose another measure. Your granny goes on a climate protest for the first time and gets a baton in the teeth from Starmer's goons, for example? Your neighbour gets their door kicked in and chucked in a wagon heading for a flight to Bangladesh? JK Rowling, now Equalities Minister, abolishes the Gender Recognition Act? You choose...

It's almost like you've never heard of the Peterloo massacre, any number of incidents in the 60s and 70s like Bloody Sunday, Orgreave, the Battle of the Beanfield and are pretending that state oppression is a new phenomenon and it's all Starmer's fault, even before he's got anywhere near power.

multitool

Aurora's on good form lately in this thread. I guess she's not the one here who's yoked themselves to an obviously dubious project and committed to styling it out however deranged it becomes.

A dubious project?

What, like a centrist party trying to get elected?

Yeah, sheer madness. Never been done before.

C R

Über Member
A dubious project?

What, like a centrist party trying to get elected?

Yeah, sheer madness. Never been done before.

IMG-20240626-WA0006.jpg

Aurora's on good form lately in this thread. I guess she's not the one here who's yoked themselves to an obviously dubious project and committed to styling it out however deranged it becomes.

I liked Starmer initially but have cooled of late. The safe pair of hands thing has turned into endless sound bites with no detail. His Twitter output is not unlike Alan Patridge pitching tv shows into his recorder.
'Labour will stop the 8am rush for GP appointments .... Monkey Tennis ...'

It's a kick in the teeth for local parties if you basically let them slog away then say 'Don't bother, we aren't interested if you can't win it for us..'. The Green's win f all but they know you can build momentum on a local basis that might turn into more councillors or pressure at a local level.

You build stuff from defeat as much as from victory.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It's almost like you've never heard of the Peterloo massacre, any number of incidents in the 60s and 70s like Bloody Sunday, Orgreave, the Battle of the Beanfield and are pretending that state oppression is a new phenomenon and it's all Starmer's fault, even before he's got anywhere near power.

Call me choosy, but I'd not have voted for any of those either.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Was he even on the short list? Did Keir say, 'Eric, I'm sure you'd be wonderful tonight but we're at a bit of a crossroads..'?

I've heard he's had enough bad luck....

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
View attachment 6284

View attachment 6285

"he was dismayed at getting caught out on camera..."

Note also that the shitbag Andrew Parker apologised only to the Reform party and not to those who would suffer from his wishes being fulfilled. Obviously he is unrepentant about the views he continues to hold.

This alone should bar him from ever holding a position of public office.

Top Bottom