General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Went with Greens in the end. The Green candidate is currently a local councillor who surprised everyone by beating a toxic Tory troll in the constituency's poshest ward, so it's possible he might do OK. Never had a postal vote before - it's quite nice having it all out of the way before the final week of the bleakest election in living memory, so that I am impervious to Labour guilt-tripping. :okay:

IMG_20240624_131651271_HDR.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

BoldonLad

Nice to see you back BL. I was wondering if all was OK as you haven't been around this week.

Thank you for noticing. Bit of a medical disaster with Mrs Boldonlad I am afraid, a fall, wrist fractured in three places, and, then, the ensuing dealings with our "world class" health service. Still not resolved, she has temporary cast in place. Oh, I almost forgot, a £50 ticket for overstaying time in hospital car park. ☹️

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Thank you for noticing. Bit of a medical disaster with Mrs Boldonlad I am afraid, a fall, wrist fractured in three places, and, then, the ensuing dealings with our "world class" health service. Still not resolved, she has temporary cast in place. Oh, I almost forgot, a £50 ticket for overstaying time in hospital car park. ☹️

Sorry to hear about the health woes, broken wrists ain't fun.

You can appeal against the ticket. Get in touch with the Patient and Liaison Services team for whichever one you were at. They're usually pretty reasonable.

C R

Über Member

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she doesn't take too long to recover.

Re the ticket. Yesterday I had an appointment for a CAT scan. Got to the place about 20 minutes ahead of time, and guess what, car park full, and there's nowhere to park within walking distance. Ended up having to park on the verge or I would miss my appointment, and I wasn't the only one. I still payed and displayed. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she said that lack of parking capacity is a problem and the car park is not monitored so not to worry. Let's see if it is true.

Cocaine might be more fun...

Ok, but I'll expect you to give a blow by blow account of the election further down the line.

Sorry to hear that, BL. So easy to get fractures after a certain age. Hope Mrs B makes a good recovery.

BoldonLad

Sorry to hear about the health woes, broken wrists ain't fun.

You can appeal against the ticket. Get in touch with the Patient and Liaison Services team for whichever one you were at. They're usually pretty reasonable.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she doesn't take too long to recover.

Re the ticket. Yesterday I had an appointment for a CAT scan. Got to the place about 20 minutes ahead of time, and guess what, car park full, and there's nowhere to park within walking distance. Ended up having to park on the verge or I would miss my appointment, and I wasn't the only one. I still payed and displayed. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she said that lack of parking capacity is a problem and the car park is not monitored so not to worry. Let's see if it is true.

Thanks for kind words. I have appealed the ticket, just waiting for answer.

D

Deleted member 159

Isnt it funny, biggest story over the last 24 hours, no one has piped up about it.

The Reform activist, who turns out to be an actor, which miraculously caught by Ch4 on film talking rough.

Coincidentally happened to talk rather well, on his website, but advertised rough speaking- there is a clip of him doing said accent

Denied he was an actor when questioned , then admitted he was later.

Happens to have worked for Ch4 too in the past.

https://www.mandy.com/u/andrew-parker-1/

Sunak fell for it, all over the press.

Are the establishment getting nervous?

Top Bottom