General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Low turnout is what gave us Brexit
Lesson not learnt?

• Sad
Reactions: C R
I think it's just a sign of how unenthused people are with anything that's on offer. Perhaps talk of a landslide win for Labour makes people not as bothered as they might have been.

D

Deleted member 159

Low turnout is what gave us Brexit
Lesson not learnt?

The biggest vote in UK history

1000013252.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

presta

There's nowt so pointless as voting here, it's a safe seat, which is presumably why we never see any canvassers. The swing it would take to get Cleverly out of here is greater than the swing needed to put Starmer into No 10, so my vote makes no difference whatever happens. It never has, the only way I can affect an election is move to a marginal constituency.
Current prediction for Braintree:

1720010016042.png

Demographic for this ward:

1720010221820.png

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

D

Deleted member 159

Whilst the turn out was generally high there were still 13 million people who didn’t vote.

So less than 40% of the overall electorate actually voted in favour of Brexit.

If you don't take part you cannot influence the outcome or complain when the result doesn't go your way :okay:

D

Deleted member 159

Nope. The General Elections in 1950 and 1951 had over 80% turnout, and most elections up until 2001 had over 70% turnout. Voter apathy seemed to set in at 2001.

I don't count general elections as major vote. It's regional voting

There was a much bigger turnout for Brexit compared to joining the common market in 1975

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't count general elections as major vote. It's regional voting
No, it's a national vote. Everybody does it.
If you are only going to count referenda then there have only ever been 3, so it's not a huge achievement.

Beebo

Veteran
Oh dear.
The Sun have come out in favour of Starmer.
They have been one of the worst architects of the recent shoot show.
IMG_6618.jpeg

Top Bottom