General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
449842225_10162303073497565_1555680176620292035_n.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No, Corbyn who lost the last election.

Most of us have moved on from that...

icowden

Legendary Member
You seem to be in a minority of 1 saying its the most left wing parliament in years. Most people seem to be saying there is little between the Torys & Labour in terms of policies. Are you suggesting then that the Tories have lurched massively to the left?

I'm suggesting that 502 seats are occupied by MPs who represent centrist or left wing parties whilst only 125 seats represent right wing parties.
That's 77% of parliament as being centre or left as compared with 44% in 2019.

That's a big shift.

icowden

Legendary Member
How did they get Reform so badly wrong?
(apoligies if this has been answered in the umpteen pages since 10om!)

I think because the size of the reform vote was so unpredictable between constituencies and where they could win, the win tended to be very marginal. They don't have any "safe" seats.

icowden

Legendary Member
An 'isolated' result that surprised me, was that of the Greens in Bristol Central, where Labour's Thangam Debbonaire
was beaten by over 10,000 votes . . . why ?

Bristol has been getting greener and greener. It's a very eco-friendly city and the Greens obviously were able to leverage that to get their candidate elected.

D

Deleted member 159

I'm suggesting that 502 seats are occupied by MPs who represent centrist or left wing parties whilst only 125 seats represent right wing parties.
That's 77% of parliament as being centre or left as compared with 44% in 2019.

That's a big shift.

Tories aren't right wing anymore. They are just right of labour, both still on the left of centre

D

Deleted member 159

Bristol has been getting greener and greener. It's a very eco-friendly city and the Greens obviously were able to leverage that to get their candidate elected.

Bristol is another city about to go bankrupt if it can't balance its books pretty darn quick

icowden

Legendary Member
Tories aren't right wing anymore. They are just right of labour, both still on the left of centre

Don't be silly. They still have Braverman, Cleverly, Sunak, Hunt and many more. They are by no stretch anything other than right wing. That's why they lost.

D

Deleted member 159

Don't be silly. They still have Braverman, Cleverly, Sunak, Hunt and many more. They are by no stretch anything other than right wing. That's why they lost.

They have one or two who are right , but not as a party overall

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom