Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Just circles, please.

Tell you what Ian..Why don't you get your compasses out on the behalf of fidelity relativity..?? ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒˆ

Ian H

Guru
DRAWINGS 01-Sketches-22.v1.jpg

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
'Subsection' = someone's opinion or convoluted interpretation.

You do know that adultery is not gay sex right?
Then I shall elucidate! The apostle Paul in correspondence with a leader of the church in Ephesus discusses the mosaic law and its purpose namely the standard showing where wickedness i.e. unloving behaviour begins. He clearly has the 10 commandments in view as a summary of the law:

... that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, ... Revised Standard Version, being the version the erroneous film is concerned with.

Ungodly and sinners: You shall have no other gods before me
Unholy and profane: You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain
Murderers of fathers and mothers: Honour your father and your mother together with
Manslayers: You shall not kill
Immoral persons, sodomites: You shall not commit adultery
Kidnappers: You shall not steal. The word translated kidnappers means to steal a man with a view to selling him into slavery. Could also be rendered enslavers. Such a prohibition was sedition in the Roman empire which is the cultural setting for this.
Liars, perjurers: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour

This is a fairly standard understanding of the text (the commandments are in the right order) and demonstates particular examples of them when being broken. Hence sodomites, in the ESV revision of the RSV translated men who practice homosexuality, is a subsection of or particular example of breaking the command against adultery, which is unloving and immoral behaviour in the worldview of the NT.

The 10 commandments could be summed up in one word: respect. Respect for God, respect for your neighbour - his life, his possessions, his or your own family.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I can't beat @Ian H's excellent Venn diagram, but here's my shirt echoing the same sentiment. There's an ovoid and wibbly bits so I believe the brief set by @mudsticks has been fulfilled, after a fashion:

IMG_20231031_092358.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
I can't beat @Ian H's excellent Venn diagram, but here's my shirt echoing the same sentiment. There's an ovoid and wibbly bits so I believe the brief set by @mudsticks has been fulfilled, after a fashion:

Love(ly)๐ŸŒˆ

Then I shall elucidate! The apostle Paul in correspondence with a leader of the church in Ephesus discusses the mosaic law and its purpose namely the standard showing where wickedness i.e. unloving behaviour begins. He clearly has the 10 commandments in view as a summary of the law:

... that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, ... Revised Standard Version, being the version the erroneous film is concerned with.

Ungodly and sinners: You shall have no other gods before me
Unholy and profane: You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain
Murderers of fathers and mothers: Honour your father and your mother together with
Manslayers: You shall not kill
Immoral persons, sodomites: You shall not commit adultery
Kidnappers: You shall not steal. The word translated kidnappers means to steal a man with a view to selling him into slavery. Could also be rendered enslavers. Such a prohibition was sedition in the Roman empire which is the cultural setting for this.
Liars, perjurers: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour

This is a fairly standard understanding of the text (the commandments are in the right order) and demonstates particular examples of them when being broken. Hence sodomites, in the ESV revision of the RSV translated men who practice homosexuality, is a subsection of or particular example of breaking the command against adultery, which is unloving and immoral behaviour in the worldview of the NT.

The 10 commandments could be summed up in one word: respect. Respect for God, respect for your neighbour - his life, his possessions, his or your own family.

Imagine living your life by a set of arbitrary 'rules' written down in a time when barely any of the modern science had even been thought about, and when for example people genuinely believed there could be a thing such as a virgin birth..??

How does 'respecting your neighbours' who say happen to be in a happy committed same sex relationship, sit with all that then??

On the one hand cheerfully lending or borrowing some garden tools - if you're a 'good neighbour'

All the while under your breath, damning them to hellfire for their love for each other..

The mental gymnastics must be quite a headache.

I still chuckle now and then over Jim's (Yes, borrowed I know)

"Proof - if it were needed - that same sex attraction is not a choice but innate - The Existence of Heterosexual Women" ๐Ÿ˜…

This is apposite too.

Screenshot_20231030-153641.png

Ian H

Guru
Love(ly)๐ŸŒˆ

Imagine living your life by a set of arbitrary 'rules' written down in a time when barely any of the modern science had even been thought about, and when for example people genuinely believed there could be a thing such as a virgin birth..??

How does 'respecting your neighbours' who say happen to be in a happy committed same sex relationship, sit with all that then??

On the one hand cheerfully lending or borrowing some garden tools - if you're a 'good neighbour'

All the while under your breath, damning them to hellfire for their love for each other..

The mental gymnastics must be quite a headache.

I still chuckle now and then over Jim's (Yes, borrowed I know)

"Proof - if it were needed - that same sex attraction is not a choice but innate - The Existence of Heterosexual Women" ๐Ÿ˜…

This is apposite too.

View attachment 4870

Several historians have cautioned against anachronistic modern interpretations of ancient descriptions of homosexuality.

Top Bottom