Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You do know that adultery is not gay sex right?

It's all the same to Unkers. The word 'adultery' should be consigned to the dustbin of history, anyway.

mudsticks

Squire
It's all the same to Unkers. The word 'adultery' should be consigned to the dustbin of history, anyway.

Oh I don't know, I think it could be recycled.😇

I'll sometimes use the word 'adultery' in the same context as others do 'adulting'.

'Committing adultery' is just doing 'grown up' stuff like having sex with another consenting adult partner.

Or even paying bills, getting your MOT done, fixing a broken appliance, checking your bank balance, marching for peace , taking out the recycling etc etc.

mudsticks

Squire

Not entirely sure he does know that, but hey ho 🙂

Never too old to learn eh .???

I was surprised to learn this morning that a (commercial) fisherman friend of mine didn't know that flatfish start off as 'upright standard' finny fish, and that they only become flat bottom dwellers, as they mature and as one eye migrates around to t'other side.

Which just goes to show how new learnings can happen, at any age or stage ... 🐟

Ian H

Guru
Not entirely sure he does know that, but hey ho 🙂

Never too old to learn eh .???

I was surprised to learn this morning that a (commercial) fisherman friend of mine didn't know that flatfish start off as 'upright standard' finny fish, and that they only become flat bottom dwellers, as they mature and as one eye migrates around to t'other side.

Which just goes to show how new learnings can happen, at any age or stage ... 🐟

Reminds me of Wason, the fisherman at Lyme who took tourists mackerel fishing. He was interviewed on TV and the interviewer asked him why the dogfish was thus called. Wason gave him a withering look and replied 'cos thas its name, ennit'.

Last edited:

Sometimes it is.

Top Bottom