Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
In case anyone's interested this was all sparked by Fox's reaction to this piece of poetry.

(Cuts off at the end but it's the best version I could find in a hurry which didn't involve retweeting and amplifying engagements for certain unsavoury accounts such as the one which Lozza originally took it from)

View: https://twitter.com/JebraFaushay/status/1654974778615144449?t=Ys2DRMvYaac_omIphKspZQ&s=19

So yes I agree, grown up conversations are often hijacked by childish clowns.

A couple of overpaid people indulging in handbags at Dawn. First world problem.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I'm not the one calling other people 'cretins'.

You think that's 'grown up'??

Funny how the name callers get all upset when a bit comes back in their direction.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Is he black? I had no idea.

It's OK to not comment if you've got no idea what's going on. Or to ask questions to further your understanding. But please do us the courtesy of at least reading the OP before you wade in with an opinion. I'll ask again, and it will be interesting to hear what you have to say given that you clearly haven't got the faintest idea who he is, what makes you say that Mukhtar is overpaid?

For clarity, here is a screenshot of the OP very clearly showing a picture of a black man. I mean the name's a bit of a clue that he might not be a white Anglo Saxon.

Screenshot_20230810-125845_Chrome.jpg

All uphill

It is almost impossible to have a discussion on here about race, due to being surrounded by knee jerk cretins who squawk 'racist' at the very mention of the word.

However, it is possible among grown-ups.
I find this an interesting statement. It may well be a failure of my imagination but I struggle to think of a discussion of race that doesn't over generalise (the British like football), patronise ( the Iranians are so sweet) or insult (easy to find examples of this).

I've been in a meeting this morning where some of the differences between Sunni Islam and Shia Islam were discussed, but that's a discussion about established religions not race.

Can you help me with an example or two of grown up conversations about race?

multitool

Shaman
Yeah it's engagement trolling and I'm rising to it even by posting this thread...

The thing with these people is that there is a sort of outrage inflation whereby to maintain attention they have to say and do more and more extreme stuff.

Pre-Musk he would have probably had his chips by now much in the way that Hopkins did. Now though? Who knows.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The thing with these people is that there is a sort of outrage inflation whereby to maintain attention they have to say and do more and more extreme stuff.

Pre-Musk he would have probably had his chips by now much in the way that Hopkins did. Now though? Who knows.

I think he saw the engagement he got from that QT appearance, and when he failed to launch a music career off the back of it decided to make 'anti woke' reactionary peanut his entire personality and career.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's OK to not comment if you've got no idea what's going on. Or to ask questions to further your understanding. But please do us the courtesy of at least reading the OP before you wade in with an opinion. I'll ask again, and it will be interesting to hear what you have to say given that you clearly haven't got the faintest idea who he is, what makes you say that Mukhtar is overpaid?

For clarity, here is a screenshot of the OP very clearly showing a picture of a black man. I mean the name's a bit of a clue that he might not be a white Anglo Saxon.

View attachment 4385

your avatar shows what appears to be a pink, plastic dinosaur. Are you a pink, plastic dinosaur?

Top Bottom