Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
I think he saw the engagement he got from that QT appearance, and when he failed to launch a music career off the back of it decided to make 'anti woke' reactionary peanut his entire personality and career.

I think the other way around, perhaps.

Last (flop) album was 2019. QT was Jan 2020, then September of same year he was fundraising for Reclaim a month before becoming it's leader. So, I suspect the QT appearance was granted on the promise of saying a few provocative remarks for which he knew he might gain exposure in order to launch his 'political career' whilst sucking on the moneycöck of Jeremy Hosking, and QT would get outrage clicks afterwards.

Fox had a team behind him for his mayoral campaign, one of whom has a brother who is my best friend.

Stories have been told.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
your avatar shows what appears to be a pink, plastic dinosaur. Are you a pink, plastic dinosaur?

It's a Flaaffy, so clearly your eyes don't work properly. Fine. But why do you say you think Mukhtar is overpaid when you obviously don't know who he is?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's a Flaaffy, so clearly your eyes don't work properly. Fine. But why do you say you think Mukhtar is overpaid when you obviously don't know who he is?

Ok then, I need to visit specsavers. In the mean time, based on your avatar, are you a Flaaffy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Ok then, I need to visit specsavers. In the mean time, based on your avatar, are you a Flaaffy?

I think the wider point is you jumping in feet first dismissing racism as a first world problem and calling some bloke off twitter overpaid when you have no idea who he is.

BoldonLad

I think the wider point is you jumping in feet first dismissing racism as a first world problem and calling some bloke off twitter overpaid when you have no idea who he is.

I take that to be a "no" then, you are not a pink flaaffy.

It was YOU who jumped in with nonsense about avatars, not me.

I wasn't dismissing Racism, if you read the post which you commented on, I was dismissing two grown men (they are both men, I assume), doing the "handbags at dawn" routine on twitter. I even used the phrase "handbags at dawn". I was ridiculing the protagonists, not the Racism.

Lozza is regularly ridiculed on here, so, I assume I am in good company.

The other one, you are right, I have no idea who he is, unless he is a retired(?) footballer?, which is the only reference I can find on Google.

I did avoid assuming he was not a white anglo Saxon, just because he had a "foreign sounding name", sorry to disappoint.

I don't "do" twitter.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Veteran
Can you help me with an example or two of grown up conversations about race?

In my experience they largely happen between consenting adults in private.

Anything public or online quickly degenerates into point scoring and insults.

Happens on here all the time over various topics.

D

Deleted member 121

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It is almost impossible to have a discussion on here about race, due to being surrounded by knee jerk cretins who squawk 'racist' at the very mention of the word.

However, it is possible among grown-ups.

Parking for a moment the fact that people are prepared to throw terms like 'cretin' - which I thought belonged firmly with things like 'spaz' and 'flid' in the Playground Insults Of Which We Are Justifiably Ashamed category, what is it about race you'd like to discuss, Paley?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Parking for a moment the fact that people are prepared to throw terms like 'cretin' - which I thought belonged firmly with things like 'spaz' and 'flid' in the Playground Insults Of Which We Are Justifiably Ashamed category, what is it about race you'd like to discuss, Paley?

Whatever gave you the idea I wanted to discuss anything?

BoldonLad

Don't know if any of you have seen it, or, are interested, but there is a program on BBC1 (Mixed Britania, three parts), with George Alagiah, about Race, "mixed-marriage".

One of my drinking pals told me about it and I am currently watching it on IPlayer.

As an "oldie" I can actually remember some of the "situations", particularly those set in South Shields, where I lived until I was 20 years old.

It is probably being shown because of his recent death, don't know when it was originally made.

Last edited:

All uphill

Thanks for your interesting reply.

I didn't see you as someone who would shy away from expressing a view for fear of insults.

You certainly won't get insults from me.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I didn't see you as someone who would shy away from expressing a view for fear of insults.

That's true, although my views on race are not especially controversial - when talking to grown ups.

I have occasionally heard stuff such as 'I just don't like them', usually from older people.

I've challenged such views, although that view is firmly entrenched so there is only so much time worth spending on it.

Top Bottom