Nurse murdered seven babies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

The complaint system is corrupt to the core, .....

So where is the evidence of any corruption?

Because making mistakes, or not getting it right is a million miles away from corruption.
Please provide specific examples of corruption in the complaints system. That is corruption, which is not just someone getting it wrong or making mistakes, even if repeatedly

Beebo

Veteran
Everyone knew his patients were dropping like flies, that's why they called him Dr Death, and yet his patients were so outraged by the suggestion he was a killer they bounced the police out of the house for suggesting it. It's interesting just how far a good bedside manner and a few Christmas presents will get you.

The reason why everyone I the village loved Shipman was because he was the only doctor still doing out of hours home visits.
The oldies loved him for that, but equally it gave him the cover and privacy to do his dirty work.

Reactions: C R
I read a thing today that suggested that the medical model is partly to blame. There is apparently no route to express concerns that doesn't include involving management, in most NHS trusts anyway. In teaching most schools have a safeguarding lead who you can go to directly with any concerns about a child that are over and above the usual academic or behavioural stuff, or about a member of staff. They can contact the police if they think it's appropriate and (theoretically) shouldn't be influenced by school management.

icowden

Legendary Member
I also found that unlikely in that I suspect a couple of consultants of my acquaint in the same position would have told management to 'kiss my ass' rather than write a letter they didn't mean.
I'll concur with that. I've worked with a lot of Consultants as PA and you'd have to have a pretty big hold over them to get them to do something they didn't want to do. I suppose it's possible if they were all newly minted Consultants but usually once you get that title you don't usually kow-tow to management. Possibly a very senior Consultant has told them that they need to....

Unfortunately there seems to have been a lot of arse-covering going on.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Letby has been jailed for life with no possibility of release. Not much solace for the parents, but justice has been done.

According to BBC, Letby's then Nursing Manager has been suspended from her current post. Hopefully a few of those higher up the tree will also be called to account for their (lack) of action, as well.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Letby has been jailed for life with no possibility of release. Not much solace for the parents, but justice has been done.

I disagree with the application of the whole life tariff but under the circumstances I suppose it was inevitable. Sad case all round.

BoldonLad

I disagree with the application of the whole life tariff but under the circumstances I suppose it was inevitable. Sad case all round.

Certainly, there are no winners in this situation.

icowden

Legendary Member
According to BBC, Letby's then Nursing Manager has been suspended from her current post. Hopefully a few of those higher up the tree will also be called to account for their (lack) of action, as well.
I'm not sure that they will be "called to account". He actions will be checked and she will likely resume her post.

classic33

Does it make that much difference?
Beverley Allitt, last confirmed location was Rampton. A hospital in which she has more freedom than in a prison. And has done everything to remained there. She gained some notoriety when she was allowed to do some work her former training covered, working in the medical wing.

Why should anyone have that right, given the severity of what she had done?

She was also eligible for release nearly two years ago. As yet her known location remains Rampton. No official confirmation that she's not still in there.

BoldonLad

I'm not sure that they will be "called to account". He actions will be checked and she will likely resume her post.

Yes, I fear you are right. "lessons will be learned" until next time.

I had a twinge of concern when I read "Northern Alliance", but, it is not this far North. ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There surely has to be a psychiatric element to this.

I sort of feel there must be, I can't fathom it otherwise. But I feel that about a lot of violent crime.

It ties into the reason I don't like whole life tariffs. If there's a psychiatric element then there must be the possibility of therapy, of a 'cure' for want of a better word. And that means there's a chance of redemption, for forgiveness and rehabilitation. But a whole life sentence feels like taking that chance away, of giving up, and I don't want to be part of a society that does that. I want to feel that there's at least a possibility, even if it never comes to pass, of good winning over evil in the end.

Top Bottom