The UK’s broken asylum system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

This country's a bloody bin fire.
If I could live anywhere else I'd be on the first boat out.

What is stopping you?

Those coming in on boats, those who apply for jobs abroad etc all show it can be done.

The biggest factor holding you back is you

All uphill

This country's a bloody bin fire.
If I could live anywhere else I'd be on the first boat out.

I'm sorry you feel that way; if i judged the country by the headlines I'd agree with you, but turn off the telly and Internet for a couple of weeks and talk to people on the street and I find the vast majority are kind and pleasant.

I was going to put this in the Good News thread but it’s relevant here: the government has opened a pathway for parents and children separated from family during the chaotic evacuation of Kabul three years ago, allowing them to apply to join their family here in the UK.

It’s about time too, these people have been treated abysmally.
Yeah well given their suspected treatment in Afghanistan it's a paper victory if they ae alive thy or surely not able to just get an aero plane to the Uk. it's indeed an absolute mess how they handled afganistan not only in the Uk but troughout europe and the Us. Seperate from the fact that the stupist of them al was Trump making an deal with terrorists.

Looks like the Southport "protests" have moved to London
to protest about the immigrant
i think it's an very bolt asumption that those riot-ers car or know where they are riot-ing about.

that was born in Cardiff
and came over on the boats
but was born in Cardiff and moved to Lancashire a while ago
but was certainly Islamic
except that the Police have said there was no connection to Islam
But on this i have to bring in an counterargument, the Police also said all those girls in Rotherham at the time where not abused because they where white, it took Javid - muslim himself - (which is most likely why he could say it) to finally acknowledge girls at the time where targeted because they where white and because they where seen as less because the muslims believes the offenders had.
Secondly if we put a few recent event together a also seemingly random knife attack on a soldier, and a hate preacher who got jailed recently all seperate incidents but if you live on/in the for example facebook groups and what else there is that have not other job then to make all those conspiracy's i'm not surprised the link whether it in fact exist or not is made. Especially since let's say it politely those riot-ers or not very often acadamics or professors at a university, more likely they are on the lower end of the spectrum.

Together with declining trust in Police and authorities and a rapid increase in extremism from all sides since covid make it all the more toxic.

but they have brought beer with them so clearly the protest will be peaceful and be focussed on the important points and a sensible solution
and not just a riot and violence and possible some looting
yes alcohol and world peace are a great combination

Person arrested for the Southport incident has been named - no need to put it here

seems like the surname is mostly from Uganda - so Rwanda seem reasonable which is a country with on a 2% Muslim population
Do you actually known if it's parents muslim or not? I assume you don't so your 2% of the population number is just as much speculation as the ''came by boat'' story is.
Muslims on itself are not the problem either a few years back police caught some loaded with knives in London who wanted to go obn a rampage because his muslim family called the police.(and there are probably many more examples that don't make the headlines.)

The problem is the iron grip extremist have of some of the primarily Muslim youth. And gets them to carry out all kind off attacks, having said that i don't say southport was muslim-terrorist inspired we simply don't know.
But if it turn out to be the case the police hasn't done themselves any favors with publicly deny-ing it would be the case.

And yes there are also chistian extremist, far right extremist and so futher but that doesn't change above it just deflects, like the goverments have been doing for years now.(not just uk)

What is stopping you?

Those coming in on boats, those who apply for jobs abroad etc all show it can be done.

The biggest factor holding you back is you
indeed it's if you have a british passport a bit more tricky-er since Brexit but you can still just take the ferry or eurotunnel or whatever even an aeroplane.

ebikeerwidnes

Yeah well given their suspected treatment in Afghanistan it's a paper victory if they ae alive thy or surely not able to just get an aero plane to the Uk. it's indeed an absolute mess how they handled afganistan not only in the Uk but troughout europe and the Us. Seperate from the fact that the stupist of them al was Trump making an deal with terrorists.

i think it's an very bolt asumption that those riot-ers car or know where they are riot-ing about.

But on this i have to bring in an counterargument, the Police also said all those girls in Rotherham at the time where not abused because they where white, it took Javid - muslim himself - (which is most likely why he could say it) to finally acknowledge girls at the time where targeted because they where white and because they where seen as less because the muslims believes the offenders had.
Secondly if we put a few recent event together a also seemingly random knife attack on a soldier, and a hate preacher who got jailed recently all seperate incidents but if you live on/in the for example facebook groups and what else there is that have not other job then to make all those conspiracy's i'm not surprised the link whether it in fact exist or not is made. Especially since let's say it politely those riot-ers or not very often acadamics or professors at a university, more likely they are on the lower end of the spectrum.

Together with declining trust in Police and authorities and a rapid increase in extremism from all sides since covid make it all the more toxic.

yes alcohol and world peace are a great combination

Do you actually known if it's parents muslim or not? I assume you don't so your 2% of the population number is just as much speculation as the ''came by boat'' story is.
Muslims on itself are not the problem either a few years back police caught some loaded with knives in London who wanted to go obn a rampage because his muslim family called the police.(and there are probably many more examples that don't make the headlines.)

The problem is the iron grip extremist have of some of the primarily Muslim youth. And gets them to carry out all kind off attacks, having said that i don't say southport was muslim-terrorist inspired we simply don't know.
But if it turn out to be the case the police hasn't done themselves any favors with publicly deny-ing it would be the case.

And yes there are also chistian extremist, far right extremist and so futher but that doesn't change above it just deflects, like the goverments have been doing for years now.(not just uk)

His parents are regular Church goers
Christian Church - just to be clear - and not, apparently, some extreme fundamentalist church - which are rare in this country anyway

Oh and the "2%" bit was a fact which led to a probability of Christian - I was not saying he was at the time as I didn;t know
The ""came by boat" was being put forward as a proven fact - which it was not
and the facts, as known, tended to make the "came by boat" and "Islamic" unlikelyr

D

Deleted member 159

Changing the goal posts again?

Just highlighting, more immigrants causing crime statistics, that needn't have, if they had just deported them immediately.

There are enough criminals from British nationals for us to deal with

D

Deleted member 159

Not just the UK, Ireland has it's illegal immigrant problems too

View: https://x.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1819121777299410982?t=26SbLuh3mWT29FYEsJDiVA&s=19

icowden

Legendary Member

Also worth pointing out that the crime rate amongst immigrants is highest during the period in which they are being held in limbo waiting for claims to be processed.

It turns out that if you dehumanise people by keeping them restricted, limiting their movement and controlling their diet they get angry and fed up, their mental health suffers etc.

Top Bottom