The UK’s broken asylum system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also worth pointing out that the crime rate amongst immigrants is highest during the period in which they are being held in limbo waiting for claims to be processed.

It turns out that if you dehumanise people by keeping them restricted, limiting their movement and controlling their diet they get angry and fed up, their mental health suffers etc.

Ooodathortit...

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 159

Also worth pointing out that the crime rate amongst immigrants is highest during the period in which they are being held in limbo waiting for claims to be processed.

It turns out that if you dehumanise people by keeping them restricted, limiting their movement and controlling their diet they get angry and fed up, their mental health suffers etc.

Process them, if they fail the immigration test, remove them immediately from the country.

If you arrive illegally, instant removal.

D

Deleted member 159

Then provide legal arrival routes!

Have you asked your government to do that?

There are legal routes. Some 700,000+ people arrive via legal routes every year.

Maybe to surprise you I have done in the past. Unsurprisingly nothing was ever done. It needs mass participation to create change.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There are legal routes. Some 700,000+ people arrive via legal routes every year.

Maybe to surprise you I have done in the past. Unsurprisingly nothing was ever done. It needs mass participation to create change.

They probably checked the voters registry, realised you didn't bother your arse to vote and thought "Naaaahhh."

D

Deleted member 159

They probably checked the voters registry, realised you didn't bother your arse to vote and thought "Naaaahhh."

You see, attacking the person, not reading the underlying public feeling

Here is the first comment after the prime minister posted this

That's it? That's all you've sodding got?

Some bloody lights?

You're an absolute joke. ADDRESS PEOPLE'S CONCERNS.

The comments continue similar sentiments

View: https://x.com/10DowningStreet/status/1819481094904791237?t=IAhOZJEQIOYmW98-Gg4wyg&s=19

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You see, attacking the person, not reading the underlying public feeling

Here is the first comment after the prime minister posted this

That's it? That's all you've sodding got?

Some bloody lights?

You're an absolute joke. ADDRESS PEOPLE'S CONCERNS.

The comments continue similar sentiments

View: https://x.com/10DowningStreet/status/1819481094904791237?t=IAhOZJEQIOYmW98-Gg4wyg&s=19

The "underlying public feeling" according to you is that we should be rioting, attacking the police force and looting.

If it was a bunch of illegal immigrants doing this you'd be furious, but because it's your good old common sense chums, stoked on a diet of social media misinformation and uninformed hatred it's absolutely OK and representative of the feeling of a nation.

Your angle on this is so unbelievably one sided it's no wonder you get ridiculed on here.

Sadly, we may be seeing similar scenes in Newcastle today as we did in Sunderland yesterday. I only know this because a fella I play football with has had to pull out today as he's now on call to deal with any potential aftermath.

D

Deleted member 159

The "underlying public feeling" according to you is that we should be rioting, attacking the police force and looting
No I'm advocating mass demonstration, not mass violence. Violence happens when police use excessive force, not seen against other ethnicities
bunch of illegal immigrants doing this you'd be furious
If they would be dealt with promptly there wouldn't be an issue
Your angle on this is so unbelievably one sided it's no wonder you get ridiculed on here.
It's an opinion, obviously you have your own

Sadly, we may be seeing similar scenes in Newcastle today as we did in Sunderland yesterday. I only know this because a fella I play football with has had to pull out today as he's now on call to deal with any potential aftermath
I did say that the country as a whole might kick off earlier if Starmer didn't get a grip. He instead labelled everyone with concerns as far right thugs.

D

Deleted member 159

Not for seeking asylum, and that’s what we’re talking about here, even if you like to mischaracterise it as ‘illegal immigration’.

You know full well that all those arriving illegally are gaming the system, by ditching paperwork and claiming asylum.

They are at best economic illegal migrants.

This government and previous are either suppressing the data or willfully not collecting it. They don't know how many have any criminal intent.

If you arrive illegally, deport immediately

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
You know full well that all those arriving illegally are gaming the system, by ditching paperwork and claiming asylum.

This government and previous are either suppressing the data or willfully not collecting it. They don't know how many have any criminal intent.

This is simply wilful ignorance on your part. It’s been explained to you previously that the vast majority of asylum claims succeed and why.

Have you identified any safe and legal routes, or asked the government to provide one?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No I'm advocating mass demonstration, not mass violence. Violence happens when police use excessive force, not seen against other ethnicities

If they would be dealt with promptly there wouldn't be an issue

It's an opinion, obviously you have your own

Sadly, we may be seeing similar scenes in Newcastle today as we did in Sunderland yesterday. I only know this because a fella I play football with has had to pull out today as he's now on call to deal with any potential aftermath
I did say that the country as a whole might kick off earlier if Starmer didn't get a grip. He instead labelled everyone with concerns as far right thugs.

Hold on, I remember you laughing at pro Palestine demonstrators on the Israel/Gaza thread as being unemployed. And now you're advocating mass demonstration?

What's changed your tune?

That's demonstrable nonsense.

Top Bottom