The UK’s broken asylum system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

D

Deleted member 159

She was absolutely bang on the money some 35 year ago

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm just surprised it took so long, although I suppose National Front isn't maybe a popular a term these days.

D

Deleted member 159

So concerned of the consequences being identified as racists, they have to disguise their faces.
Funny you should say
I've hardly seen any Muslim faces behind full face Balaclavas. The odd one holding a machete, or knife.

D

Deleted member 159

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It doesn't really matter what colour you pick.

The fact you think you can identify a "Muslim face" just shows you actually mean it's by the colour of a person's skin.

Which in turn leads to your actual issue, which is racism at worst, xenophobia at best.

The Muslim population of the UK is ~6%, so we're not quite overrun yet as the fascists claim. However, that number is not evenly distributed across the UK and there are of course pockets where the Muslim population are a very high percentage locally. It also stands to reason that crime etc committed by muslims/ethnic minorities etc are possibly higher than average in those areas based on simple percentages. I can understand how this distorts peoples thinking about the nation as a whole, especially those hard of thinking and Googling.
On the other hand, the racists also manage to overlook the huge benefit waves of immigration have brought to the country by Muslim and other ethnic minorities and some of the work they endure to survive and the difficult lives they live.

I would urge many people to read the following book - it's a real eye-opener into how we all benefit (rightly and wrongly IMO) from immigrants of all flavours.

9781447272441.jpg

https://www.awesomebooks.com/book/9...MI0pKqyZ7lhwMVo6hoCR3CFQgREAQYBCABEgKpE_D_BwE

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The Muslim population of the UK is ~6%, so we're not quite overrun yet as the fascists claim. However, that number is not evenly distributed across the UK and there are of course pockets where the Muslim population are a very high percentage locally. It also stands to reason that crime etc committed by muslims/ethnic minorities etc are possibly higher than average in those areas based on simple percentages. I can understand how this distorts peoples thinking about the nation as a whole, especially those hard of thinking and Googling.
On the other hand, the racists also manage to overlook the huge benefit waves of immigration have brought to the country by Muslim and other ethnic minorities and some of the work they endure to survive and the difficult lives they live.

I would urge many people to read the following book - it's a real eye-opener into how we all benefit (rightly and wrongly IMO) from immigrants of all flavours.

View attachment 6569

https://www.awesomebooks.com/book/9...MI0pKqyZ7lhwMVo6hoCR3CFQgREAQYBCABEgKpE_D_BwE

Looks a good read that, ta.

Top Bottom