War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nearly every war ,near war and every period of international tension ends with talking so why not skip the bits you lot get so excited about and get around that table straight away ? Much better than all this petty posturing .

I think you're actually loving all this swaggering about military action there is zero percent is going to involve your boots on the ground.

Is this going to lead your Paley Moment ?
I love none of this. I can barely listen to, or read the news.
Today my Ukranian colleague and her children have made it to safety in Budapest. I detest that many of my lovely Russian friends are tarred by the Putin brush. I hate that innocent humans are dying. I hate that many people will suffer economic hardship. I hate the fact that you cannot get into your thick head that I want none of this to be happening. But my cold analysis of where this is heading is different to yours and that's partly based on some experience of the country that's causing this. Furthermore, whilst my dear friend Claudine believes my view unhinged, there are other analysts, historians and learned journalists that think much the same as I. History will tell who got it right

But you and your repeated unsubstantiated accusations time and time again really boil my piss....
So, try answering the farking question, how would a negotiated settlement look right now?
Piss or get off the pot....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

That's correct, 3 times in/on the border of Belarus, one time in Turkey and Isreal's pm traveled to both Russia and Ukraine to try and solve matters. The problem is Russia sees Ukraine as a county instead of a country so they think they have an say in what a independent country does and does not. they should just get the F out and stay out. But i don't think they will do that.
Israel negotiating peace.....feck me 🙄

Salty seadog

Nearly every war ,near war and every period of international tension ends with talking so why not skip the bits you lot get so excited about and get around that table straight away ? Much better than all this petty posturing .

I think you're actually loving all this swaggering about military action there is zero percent is going to involve your boots on the ground.

Is this going to lead your Paley Moment ?
If you are at the table could you put in a word for me that I don't want a war.

Ta.

FishFright

And your response to the fact that discussions have already taken place and must continue and continue, as if they had not already "got round that table" ?

That what jaw, jaw* means . Talk Talk and talk some more, attempting keeping a limit on how bad it can get.

*It's part of one of the most famous war quotes in our history .

Rusty Nails

Country Member
That what jaw, jaw* means . Talk Talk and talk some more, attempting keeping a limit on how bad it can get.

Thanks for the history lesson. I had never heard that quote before :rolleyes:.

*It is never wrong to talk.....but it is even better if both sides are listening.

*That's a famous quote I've just made up.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I just read these news items on Sky News:

Zelenskyy offers further hope of breakthrough after revealing 'concrete' topics being discussed in negotiations

Details are very brief at this stage but, further to our previous post, Ukraine's president appears to have offered another signal that there may have been some significant developments in negotiations.

We don't yet have the full quote from Volodymyr Zelenskyy, but Reuters is reporting him as saying Russian and Ukrainian teams have begun discussing "concrete" proposals rather than "exchanging ultimatums".

Again, these remarks closely follow news of a 75-minute conversation between Vladimir Putin, French president Emmanuel Macron and German leader Olaf Scholz about efforts to "end the war" - details of which all sides are being intriguingly coy about.

We will bring you more information on this all as soon as we get it.

Putin holds 75-minute call with Macron and Scholz about how 'to end war in Ukraine'

In recent minutes, a couple of intriguing and potentially significant pieces of news have emerged around geopolitical efforts to bring the conflict in Ukraine to a halt.

While French president Emmanuel Macron has been speaking to the Russian leader almost every other day in recent weeks, the pair were joined in a 75-minute phone call today by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

A German government spokesperson said the conversation was "part of ongoing international efforts to end the war in Ukraine" - interestingly adding that the three men agreed to say nothing further about the substance of the phone call.

Perhaps also significantly, it emerged Mr Scholz had earlier spoken to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy about the situation.

In a separate statement, the Kremlin said Mr Putin told the pair about the state of negotiations between Moscow and Kyiv and responded to their concerns about the humanitarian situation.

The Kremlin did not elaborate on the Russian leader's comments about the state of talks, but, as reported here at the time, he said yesterday that there had been "certain positive shifts" in the negotiations.

While it is impossible to accurately gauge exactly how meaningful these latest developments might be, the nature of the various statements will foster renewed hopes that key figures may be making progress in efforts to find a diplomatic resolution that could end the conflict.

Let us hope all this is genuine progress.

Edit: Sorry about the font. Could not change it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom