War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

I'm sure that there is an other country to take over Russia's role in the ISS. If not then apparently it wasn't the right project anymore.
It's material after all, in Ukraine however in the parts where the Russians left because the on paper biggest army in the world lost. However they left behind an trial of death, poeple who are randomly shot of their bikes or shot in their cars, rumors Russians went doo to door to kill people people found killed with their hand tied behind their backs i can go on but i rather not. And this country is still part of the UN security council.. i don't get it.

Just one hand tied ? Those damn Ruskies lol

mudsticks

Squire
What will be the response to these emerging ongoing atrocities..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-like-this-used-as-a-weapon-of-war-in-ukraine

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
1649076734036.png

Just one hand tied ? Those damn Ruskies lol

Make fun of it, it not your family right?

There will be strong condemnation followed by denial and shouts of fake news from Russia.

Plenty of words but no action. People talk about charging Putin and Russia with war crimes but nothing will happen. All too predictable and depressing.
Bit the same as MH17 they will convict some people but as long as they don't leave Russia nothing happens. If the cancer rumors are true then Cancer will get Putin sooner or later..

the snail

There will be strong condemnation followed by denial and shouts of fake news from Russia.

Plenty of words but no action. People talk about charging Putin and Russia with war crimes but nothing will happen. All too predictable and depressing.
Not necessarily. Milosevic ended up on trial in the Hague, which seemed very unlikely in the 90s. If putin loses power, he will run out of friends in Russia pretty quickly, and even if he stays put in Russia, it will be pretty humiliating if he can't leave the country without getting arrested.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Not necessarily. Milosevic ended up on trial in the Hague, which seemed very unlikely in the 90s. If putin loses power, he will run out of friends in Russia pretty quickly, and even if he stays put in Russia, it will be pretty humiliating if he can't leave the country without getting arrested.
Huge difference between Milosevic and the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world. The Russian people are not used to seeing that their leaders are fallible, having been brainwashed and cowed by their political systems over the years, and would not admit Putin could be a war criminal even if he were to be deposed because that would entail admitting they had either been duped or complicit.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Huge difference between Milosevic and the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world. The Russian people are not used to seeing that their leaders are fallible, having been brainwashed and cowed by their political systems over the years, and would not admit Putin could be a war criminal even if he were to be deposed because that would entail admitting they had either been duped or complicit.

I realise that my personal experience of working (1990s) in Russia are probably not statistically significant (with a population of approx 140million, I met, perhaps c100). I found the. Russians I met seemed to recognise they had been conned by their government (of course, I had a similar experience of realising that perhaps, our Government had not been entirely truthful). The difference I noted was that they (the Russians) seemed recognise that they could do little to change things, where-as I continue to think we possibly can (perhaps I am over optimistic).

However, I do agree, the chances of bringing Putin to trial, for what he has done, are pretty slim. That doesn't mean we should not seek to bring charges against him, and, generally, make life as difficult as possible for him (IMHO).

Last edited:
Top Bottom