World gone mad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Try asking a few less per post, I might manage to get to the end without nodding off.

Bit of a sleepy head eh .?

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to know where the wheat for the biscuits was grown .

Ok just one Question .

Why are any people bothered about the use of the name gingerbread 'person:

As opposed to gingerbread 'man'??

Given that no one is actually hurt or badly affected in any way shape or form by the name change .

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

Bit of a sleepy head eh .?

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to know where the wheat for the biscuits was grown .

Ok just one Question .

Why are any people bothered about the use of the name gingerbread 'person:

As opposed to gingerbread 'man'??

Given that no one is actually hurt or badly affected in any way shape or form by the name change .

I've already asked the same question in reverse, you haven't offered an answer.

mudsticks

Squire
I've already asked the same question in reverse, you haven't offered an answer.

As I see it, and many others would too the names are interchangeable..

When I made (or even bought) such items with my kids there were both trad man and trad woman shaped gingerbreads, and their cutters available..

So you could have either or both..

Given there's no reason to believe the one with two legs is any more man than woman, why not generalise and say 'person'..

The only people really bothered by this seem to be the anti 'woke' gammony frothers, who seem to think their gendered baked goods life is being threatened in some way..

And are being goaded into this reaction by calculating journalists, it's just stirred up 'culture war' click bait..

But imagine being that easily led.??

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

As I see it, and many others would too the names are interchangeable..

When I made (or even bought) such items with my kids there were both trad man and trad woman shaped gingerbreads, and their cutters available..

So you could have either or both..

Given there's no reason to believe the one with two legs is any more man than woman, why not generalise and say 'person'..

The only people really bothered by this seem to be the anti 'woke' gammony frothers, who seem to think their gendered baked goods life is being threatened in some way..

And are being goaded into this reaction by calculating journalists, it's just stirred up 'culture war' click bait..

But imagine being that easily led.??

As normal, f**k all to say but use a Hundred words doing it.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I agree, it is completely ridiculous but on the same note why is it important for some people that the term 'Man' is replaced with 'person'?

What 'rankles ' those people so much, I wonder.??

What did Sainsbury’s say when you asked them why they’d used person and not man?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I agree, it is completely ridiculous but on the same note why is it important for some people that the term 'Man' is replaced with 'person'?

Person contains the gendered term son. That is not acceptable in a tolerant, diverse society; make sure you don't use it again and replace it with a neutral term like human ...

mudsticks

Squire
As normal, f**k all to say but use a Hundred words doing it.

There's plenty in there, but as per normal you'll pretend your little brain can't manage to read or respond to it, as it rather challenges your.

"I'm definitely right about all this"
position, doesn't it.? 🙄

matticus

Guru
Have there been any changes to FEMININE product names over the years since WO sorry, progressive liberal language change was bestowed upon a grateful world?
IAMFI! :smile:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Have there been any changes to FEMININE product names over the years since WO sorry, progressive liberal language change was bestowed upon a grateful world?
IAMFI! :smile:

The feminine hygiene section has been rebranded to period products if that's what you mean.

stephec

Regular
I prefer these. 😊

o60ns6r2hn361.jpg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Person contains the gendered term son. That is not acceptable in a tolerant, diverse society; make sure you don't use it again and replace it with a neutral term like human ...

Objection! The term “human” also contains the gendered term man.

May I suggest “entity”, or, “object”, or, indeed simply “biscuit”. ;)

Poacher

Regular
Objection! The term “human” also contains the gendered term man.

May I suggest “entity”, or, “object”, or, indeed simply “biscuit”. ;)

I certain that Unkraut was well aware of that!
Just 'cos he's posting from Deutschland doesn't mean he has no sense of humour.

Top Bottom