World gone mad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Anyone else get a "When Sheppy met Muddy" vibe from time to time?

mudsticks

Squire
Anyone else get a "When Sheppy met Muddy" vibe from time to time?

Don't know who would be more horrified at the prospect .. 😳

I did spend a couple of nights in Wolverhampton one time..

Not sure if I'm ready to repeat the experience - just yet.. 🤔

mudsticks

Squire
I don’t think the word man is the problem here, more the loss of its neutrality. Maybe if we still used wer and wif (or whatever they could have grown into) to make the distinction where necessary and left man alone, the use of man in those relic terms such as two man tent, four man crew, or manholes would not have the exclusionary tone it now has.
Maybe, maybe maybe...

But we didn't do that.

So it still does..

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment

matticus

Guru
I did spend a couple of nights in Wolverhampton one time..

Not sure if I'm ready to repeat the experience - just yet.. 🤔
You make that sound like a euphemism :O

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Do you think we'll get a warning before they finally pull the plug on this forum, or will it suddenly disappear overnight?

mudsticks

Squire
You make that sound like a euphemism :O

The interpretation is usually in the ear of the beholder .

The wholesome purpose of my sojurn there was pretty much off of the scale, so much so, that I'm not even going to divulge..

Do you think we'll get a warning before they finally pull the plug on this forum, or will it suddenly disappear overnight?

I'd miss you, and a couple of others, but on balance I think that would probs do us all a favour.. 👍🏼

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The interpretation is usually in the ear of the beholder .

The wholesome purpose of my sojurn there was pretty much off of the scale, so much so, that I'm not even going to divulge..

I'd miss you, and a couple of others, but on balance I think that would probs do us all a favour.. 👍🏼

I don't want to be a back seat moderator or anything and I get the banter but there are a few posts over the last week or so especially that I think have crossed a line, or if not come pretty close.

matticus

Guru
I don't want to be a back seat moderator or anything and I get the banter but there are a few posts over the last week or so especially that I think have crossed a line, or if not come pretty close.

Does it surprise you? Did you think we'd carefully promoted+nurtured a culture where that wouldn't happen?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

You obviously live a very sheltered work/social life compared to the one I live in then, the pisstake and wind ups are relentless.

Top Bottom