American bombshell? Roe vs. Wade....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
You read what I wrote. TBH I do prefer the phrase 'termination of pregnancy' to abortion though.

You are 100% sure and absolutely confident and happy to say that all abortion should be safe, free and available simply asking as long as the foetus is in the mother?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
You are 100% sure and absolutely confident and happy to say that all abortion should be safe, free and available simply asking as long as the foetus is in the mother?

I'm not comfortable engaging with you on this subject. I hope you understand why.

Cirrus

Yes, the treatment should be the same. It should be a conversation between the person carrying the baby and her medical professionals. She should receive advice and reassurance, access to medical care and/or therapy as needed, and ultimately she should be allowed to make the decision that is right for her. The nearer to term the woman is the more advice she may need to make the decision she needs to make.

Usually the big decisions are taken well before the baby is viable. With easy access to good healthcare and counselling, the best outcomes can be achieved whether that be carrying to term or termination. So let's let women decide what is right for them, and us men can reserve our concerns for our own bits and pieces.

fark me that’s chilling to read, so even the day before birth you think it’s fine to terminate?😧😳

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Why not start off by stating your position on this? Several other posters have. It often puts the questions into context for those being questioned.

Cirrus

If my Granny had wheels she'd be a mobile abortion clinic.

Good job for you then

mudsticks

Squire
So if a mother during labour decides she doesn't want the baby, she can abort?

You're clearly just trying to make trouble.

The scenario you suggest is fatuous and insulting.
fark me that’s chilling to read, so even the day before birth you think it’s fine to terminate?😧😳

Thankfully it's very few pregnant women who have to make the decision, with their healthcare professional to have late term abortions.

Usually for very distressing reasons, but it can be deemed medically necessary

The vast majority of of unwanted pregnancies are terminated before 12 weeks.

Access to good healthcare means this is the norm.

People (especially men) who are clearly uninformed, and not willing to be sensitive to the issues should keep our of these discussions.

Probs should stay away from women altogether tbh

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I would politely suggest that this is a rather charged subject and that we, especially we men, would do well to be reasoned and compassionate in our responses. This is not a busy forum, there's no need to respond straight away, the threads don't move that fast. We have the luxury of time to be able to consider our thoughts and frame them in terms of contribution rather than confrontation.

Cirrus

Why not start off by stating your position on this? Several other posters have. It often puts the questions into context for those being questioned.

For what it’s worth, I’m of the opinion that the woman has the right to choose and the UK’s 24 week cut off is about right.

My wife had a few miscarriage’s which hit her hard and we had a newborn (14 days) die from congenital issues, so whilst not the same, I am aware of the emotional load that this subject area can have.

Top Bottom