Concentration camps and global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Total food production doesn't add up to that much:

(i have remove those graps just to make it a bit more compact, anyone can scroll up to read them)

Veganism alone won't solve climate change, but meat is a huge part of the problem:

(i have remove those graps just to make it a bit more compact, anyone can scroll up to read them)

Agreed, however i think that if veganism or vegetarian becomes ''marketable'' which we partly see already it can just as easily replace meat in the graph below. I mean cows, chickens and pigs kept in normal farms conditions are not the problem, it are those ''farms'' where they put thousands of animals on a relative few square meters.
Same goes for plants, as soon as it is as much as possible on a very small area it gets more damaging. You can see that for example in the very small part of the Netherlands where they make/grow the famous tulips, the water turned yellow at places do to all the chemicalls and stuff they use.

Apart from the fact that i don't believe stopping climate change is an option, managing the climate and how much we as humantiy damage it requires an change of focus, but also stop trying to simplify things, to the extent that they are outright lies. Example 10.000 cars trough London or any similar sized city is more damaging that 10.000 cars throughout the uk sounds like commons sense, but with the current focus on numbers it isn't.
Just as for meat and vegetables, we actually mainly rely on a few megacompanies who supply the main supermarkets, obvius overheads like the profits they take, it also can just as easliy mean that they get meat from the other side of europe just because it is cheaper.
That's got to stop, and it's about time the richest who only got richer from recent crisises pay for it. after all they claimed arriving in their private planes to be very concerned so it would be only fair, to help them help others.

Agreed, however i think that if veganism or vegetarian becomes ''marketable'' which we partly see already it can just as easily replace meat in the graph below. I mean cows, chickens and pigs kept in normal farms conditions are not the problem, it are those ''farms'' where they put thousands of animals on a relative few square meters.
Same goes for plants, as soon as it is as much as possible on a very small area it gets more damaging. You can see that for example in the very small part of the Netherlands where they make/grow the famous tulips, the water turned yellow at places do to all the chemicalls and stuff they use.

Apart from the fact that i don't believe stopping climate change is an option, managing the climate and how much we as humantiy damage it requires an change of focus, but also stop trying to simplify things, to the extent that they are outright lies. Example 10.000 cars trough London or any similar sized city is more damaging that 10.000 cars throughout the uk sounds like commons sense, but with the current focus on numbers it isn't.
Just as for meat and vegetables, we actually mainly rely on a few megacompanies who supply the main supermarkets, obvius overheads like the profits they take, it also can just as easliy mean that they get meat from the other side of europe just because it is cheaper.
That's got to stop, and it's about time the richest who only got richer from recent crisises pay for it. after all they claimed arriving in their private planes to be very concerned so it would be only fair, to help them help others.

It's all Cows frankly, some may be slightly better than others, but that's like saying a Land Rover Disco is better than a Defender....
Cows will never be completely eradicated, but those few that remain can only be allowed to be kept according to the most eco-friendly manner.
People need to get used to it.
As long as people want and expect cheap food, the industry will satisfy that need. The consumer has a part to play here - shop and eat local where and when you can (if you can afford it).

Last edited:
It's all Cows, some may be slightly better than others, but that's like saying a Land Rover Disco is better than a Defender....
Cows will never be completely eradicated, but those few that remain can only be allowed to be kept according to the most eco-friendly manner.
Get used to it.
Explain how it's only an issue now, while cows have been around for centuries?

Explain how it's only an issue now, while cows have been around for centuries?

Increased numbers of Cows against a background of increased fossil Fuel and other burnings/Methane emmitters that contribute to climate change.
Maybe if people didn't drive fossil fuel cars, or burned coal and gas for electricity, the climate could cope with the increased cows.
Simply put (and it really is that simple), we're now very close to a tipping point with the climate, so everyone does the analysis to see where the main sources of CO2 and Methane come from and which of the big contributors we can change. Guess what? Cows are in the big win group, so it seem sense to tackle those as a priority rather than Guinea Pig farts....

Mr Celine

It's all Cows frankly, some may be slightly better than others, but that's like saying a Land Rover Disco is better than a Defender....
People need to get used to it.
As long as people want and expect cheap food, the industry will satisfy that need. The consumer has a part to play here - shop and eat local where and when you can (if you can afford it).

How does the volume of methane produced by cows compare with the volume of methane produced in growing rice?

How does the volume of methane produced by cows compare with the volume of methane produced in growing rice?

No idea. Has a google.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2021/esnt/nasa-at-your-table-where-food-meets-methane
Have a read and give me the short answer.....

Top Bottom