"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lol. Probably. That tv gig won't last long. Had a quick look for the pay off MP's get when they stand down but couldn't see it. Can't see her on the £10k after dinner speaking circuit.

I think MPs only get that if they are voted out rather than not standing. Do we know what Johnson wanted the £800,000 for?

icowden

Legendary Member
House of Lords? Hadn't thought of that. Maybe under Johnson.
I think she was hoping for a gong in his resignation honours list. As for "standing down" - a lot of Tory MPs are expected to "stand down" in the next election - or at least not get elected...

icowden

Legendary Member
Just a thought… how secure is her seat for the Cons? Safer than Uxbridge for an ex PM looking for a way to stand again?

24,000 majority at last election. If Lib Dem and Green pulled out in favour of labour, that would reduce to 14k.
The latest "nowcast" from principalfish.co.uk is that she would lose her seat to Labour but it would be close - 894 votes majority.

Cons are currently projected to win 179 seats or thereabouts.

Beebo

Veteran
Just a thought… how secure is her seat for the Cons? Safer than Uxbridge for an ex PM looking for a way to stand again?

Quite possible.
But pretty tragic.

Several folks have suggested that her seat might go to Johnson. Certainly much safer than his current perch in Uxbridge.

Others though have pointed out the possibility of his returning to Henley which he represented before becoming Mayor of London.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I wouldn't be surprised if she was giving up her seat for a high profile candidate. Also, she is 65 ish and there must come a point when you can't be arsed with your job anymore.

Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
Yeah...err...just one small problem with this
To be fair, I think two different things are being confused. The proposal isn't to crack down on homeless people begging. It's to crack down on gangmasters, usually using Romanian women who run organised gangs of beggars. For example there is a lady often seen in my town begging but people have seen her being picked up and dropped off by a man driving a white Audi.

Top Bottom