"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
To be fair, I think two different things are being confused. The proposal isn't to crack down on homeless people begging. It's to crack down on gangmasters, usually using Romanian women who run organised gangs of beggars. For example there is a lady often seen in my town begging but people have seen her being picked up and dropped off by a man driving a white Audi.

don't spoil a good "hate Suella" story, please ;)

D

Deleted member 121

To be fair, I think two different things are being confused. The proposal isn't to crack down on homeless people begging. It's to crack down on gangmasters, usually using Romanian women who run organised gangs of beggars. For example there is a lady often seen in my town begging but people have seen her being picked up and dropped off by a man driving a white Audi.

Can't things like that be reported? I know Avon and Somerset Police have an active campaign on the matter

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/your-area/wells-city/priorities/organised-begging/

Not sure it other Police forces are taking a proactive approach or not.

Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I've just looked over the last few election results and it's going to make for some fantastic tactical voting related squabbling between Labour and Lib Dem supporters.

Beebo

Veteran
Toys have been thrown out of the pram.
She’s quit as an MP with immediate affect after her passage to the Lords was blocked!

Just this morning The independent were reporting that her nomination had been blocked.
They are now not so sure and have pulled the story. She may still get her peerage!

• Sad
D

Deleted member 121

She (dorries) has stood down saying "its time for another to take the reins"

Did she ever take the reins?

D

Deleted member 121

So it’s confirmed.
She didn’t get a peerage, so resigned in spite to force a bye election.
What a horrible woman.

Confirming what we knew all along it seems.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
So it’s confirmed.
She didn’t get a peerage, so resigned in spite to force a bye election.
What a horrible woman.

I understood that HOLAC made the peerage conditional on a by-election, likewise for Alok Sharma, Alister Jack and Nigel Adams. Sharma has yet to announce whether he'll stand in a by-election. Jack and Adams have decided to wait for the general election rather than risk losing now.

It's a bit of a poisoned chalice for them. If they stand for re-election it will only be so that they can move on from the constituencies they're in. ''Elect me as your MP so that you can get shot of me when I go on to a different job....''

Top Bottom