Just Stop P*ssing Everyone Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Wait correction it's even worse, they pay for offset, the general suggestion is that they will plant trees, some companies do that too but that is symbolic, the offset money goes to unclear destinations, to help with the so called offset. (but considering bio-mass is green according to the EU investing in that could be offsetting too.)

agreed

i'm not advocating for abandoning them, i'm advocating for more transparency, removal of misleading name and more clearer and achievable goals.
For example diesel cars are banned from town centers more and more, that is good news for the car companies who scammed their costumers for years by claiming their diesels where cleaner than they actually where. electric cars are nowhere near ready to replace all off those. Yet the car industry presents them as the only solutions. (after Shell's fake greenwashing successfully killed the reputation of hydrogen cars in europe) Yet Diesels(yes all diesels) can be 40% cleaner by replacing current diesel with an plant based alternative (they have an fancy name for it but i can't remember) With adjustments there are cleaner options but my whole point is forcing poeple to ditch their diesel car isn't the best option in my view, if in 5 years time electric has become much cleaner to produce and maintain it might be an other story but nothing points in that direction currently.

i known, see my response to @icowden (probably below)

Yes i try to buy more directly from the farm or suchlike alternatives as well is often not more or not much more expensive but the quality is better and it often saves a lot of packaging material to throw away.

Yes well here are only a few farms left as i'm close to London where everything is about building flats apperently but we have a few nearby, a online predence that gives local adresses and the kind of produce they have would help a lot i think, i known there are tons of those in the Netherlands.

Not only that part of the green movement is apperently under the impression farmers are a big threat so it seems to me that would be an issue to discus too, so that they if they calculate things, calculate using real measurements and not from behind a computer.

Technically it's greenhouse gasses and it's indeed about the balance, i knew that. My point is that they (the powers behind the ''net zero blah'') are trying to instagrammify the whole thing, by creating a load of buzzwords setting unreachable goals etc. in 2030/50 whatever the goal is it might look like we all met that net zero goal but i'm pretty sure it will turn out to be fake just like instagram filters do with average pictures and how you then in more then enough cases can't recognize the real person from the heavily edited/filtered one.

I think it's much better to work with shorter term, reachable goals, instead of goals and systems that are made to be abused just as the example i gave in my pervious post.

img_9651.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
Ooo. a classic BMC A series engine before they turned it sideways to put in the original Mini.

By trying to have pop at me, you've unwittingly come up with some fascinating motoring history.

Thanks.

Oh do stop trying to make it all about you - again. 🙄

It isn't personal - it's absolutely everyone who tries to use 'woke' as a perjoritive that is revealing themselves to be a basic dickhead.

I mean who wouldn't want to be awake to the world, and how it operates.??

Can't believe you haven't seen that ladybird book one before - although thinking about it - maybe it isn't so surprising 🤔

I'm stealing that.😇

Although to be fair to Dutchie he does have a point about the difficulties / absence of peri urban growing and farming, in and around many cities.
The returns on growing good food are so vastly different to those to be had from property development, even if you can get your hands on some land.
Planning controls need to change in favour of food growing.

You've got the One Planet Development Scheme in Wales which helps in many ways, but can make life tricky in others .

It's complicated.

Anyhoo up, I'd better go practice what I preach, instead of sitting here spinning threads with all you 'wokey tw*ts' 💚🙏🏼💜🌻🌈💃😊🌱🌱🌱

Ian H

Guru

matticus

Guru
From your own link:-
Parody Definition & Meaning
Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › parody
The meaning of PARODY is a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule

An idiot doubling down. Ian, it's ONE WAY that parody can be used. so when you stated:
You do realise that parody = ridicule?
you were clearly wrong. (Have you seen how impressions work? Google them if it's a struggle to see the parallel. Or don't, ignorance is bliss ...) Or should I say "blinkered"? Narrow-minded?

Classic NACA approach - you'll even try to change the meaning of long-understood words if you think you can score a point off the other side. :laugh:

multitool

Shaman
An idiot doubling down. Ian, it's ONE WAY that parody can be used. so when you stated:

you were clearly wrong. (Have you seen how impressions work? Google them if it's a struggle to see the parallel. Or don't, ignorance is bliss ...) Or should I say "blinkered"? Narrow-minded?

Classic NACA approach - you'll even try to change the meaning of long-understood words if you think you can score a point off the other side. :laugh:

I'm afraid it is you who are wrong, matticus.

Screenshot_20230731_092217_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pale Rider

Veteran
From your own link:-
Parody Definition & Meaning
Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › parody
The meaning of PARODY is a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule

Ruddy Americans, what do you expect?

I will stick with a definition from the publishers of the Oxford English Dictionary.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/parody_1?q=parody

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
...and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot

Dear Bronco

thankyou for your interest in our vacant Dictionary Corner position. As a follower of our show you'll know our remit is to inform and entertain. That you lack lexical rigour, empathic warmth and inclusive humour means we shan't be inviting you to interview; have instead given the post to a sour-tempered stoat with a head injury. A head injury and Tourette's.

We'll keep your application on file. And will get it out from time to time when we need a chuckle. While we concede that your terminally asphyxiating a Cycling sub-forum over years of humourless reactionary shithousery (listed in your 'Achievements') is testament to a certain grim doggedness, it's perhaps not the feather in your cap you imagine it to be?

Nor is 'Gammon' an ethnicity.

Best wishes,

The Countdown Team.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
to be fair to Dutchie

Easy...

mudsticks

Squire

Well I know, but he did bring up something relevant.

In the main the best place to grow fresh food is close by to where people live.

Soils near cities can be very good - that's often why they're the city is there in the first place.

That land should / could be protected for growing good food, not used for 'business parks'

Pale Rider

Veteran
...and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot

Ooo, what a nasty little keyboard warrior you are.

'Years of humourless reactionary shithousery' is long winded cr*p as usual, but I like the acceptance of longevity.

'Terminally asphyxiating a cycling forum', steady on, you will have me drunk on power.

And all because you cannot handle someone with an alternative view on the internet.

Well, you've got several more years of that to look forward to.

Even if I get bored (again) and stop posting, someone else will be along.

In the meantime, keep up the good work.

Watching woke leftie cretins descend into apoplexy never loses its appeal.

Pale Rider

Veteran
There's only one person on the forum descending into apoplexy

:whistle:

Yeah, but I've been sending woke lefties into apoplexy for years - according to the chimp.

And I have the power to strange a whole forum.

Your tizzies and tantrums are as nothing in comparison.

You are going to have to try a great harder and longer to get anywhere near the master.

Now sod off and make me a cup of tea.

Ooo, what a nasty little keyboard warrior you are.

'Years of humourless reactionary shithousery' is long winded cr*p as usual, but I like the acceptance of longevity.

'Terminally asphyxiating a cycling forum', steady on, you will have me drunk on power.

And all because you cannot handle someone with an alternative view on the internet.

Well, you've got several more years of that to look forward to.

Even if I get bored (again) and stop posting, someone else will be along.

In the meantime, keep up the good work.

Watching woke leftie cretins descend into apoplexy never loses its appeal.

Sense of humour bypass PR?

Top Bottom