Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Well, a fool and his money and all that...
Couldn't he just get a proper job?

Google says a CofE curate makes about 29k which seems reasonable.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
You might not agree with his views, but hateful they are not.

If I am honest there is something about Calvin Robinson that grates, but I can't quite put my finger on it. That said he spoke truth to apostasy in his Oxford Union speech with considerable courage, and I think he is right about the very real danger to freedom of speech in Britain. Using claims of hate (which seems to me to be increasingly common) to introduce speech codes is unhealthy and especially so if it is used to suppress dissenting voices. I did listen to Robinson discussing his experience in the reparations debate at Cambridge, and he said many of the students there from their behaviour clearly cannot stand hearing a view they do not agree with. Can't cope with it. University is precisely the place where you should hear views you don't agree with.

multitool

That is not true.

You might not agree with his views, but hateful they are not.

Screenshot_20231009_015941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Beebo

Veteran
A classic grifter move. Just like bankrupt Katie Price with her 10 holidays per year.

But Disney is bloody expensive so you need to get someone else to pay.
My brother went earlier this year for 2 weeks. It cost over £15k all in.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Hang on a minute. The implication/assumption seems to be that Robinson was sacked, set up a fund for donations which he them spends on an expensive holiday.

A more likely assumption would be he booked and paid for said holiday whilst still employed. To cancel it on losing his job in the last few days would entail losing all or most of what he had paid.

He recently received an out of court settlement of £8000 from the Royal Academy of Dancing who 'cancelled' him for questioning drag artists reading to children.

He may also have set up his fund to enable those who wish to support him, especially evangelical Anglicans, to be able to do so. There is precedent for this - Rev Brett Murphy recently left the C of E to start a new Free Anglican church from scratch due to the apostasy of its current bishops, and was inundated with offers of help to finance it whilst it grew from its initial congregation of two!

If Robinson has used any of the donations on the cost of his holiday I think he has been foolish, but in the end is it anyone else's business?

Ian H

Legendary Member
Hang on a minute. The implication/assumption seems to be that Robinson was sacked, set up a fund for donations which he them spends on an expensive holiday.

A more likely assumption would be he booked and paid for said holiday whilst still employed. To cancel it on losing his job in the last few days would entail losing all or most of what he had paid.

He recently received an out of court settlement of £8000 from the Royal Academy of Dancing who 'cancelled' him for questioning drag artists reading to children.

He may also have set up his fund to enable those who wish to support him, especially evangelical Anglicans, to be able to do so. There is precedent for this - Rev Brett Murphy recently left the C of E to start a new Free Anglican church from scratch due to the apostasy of its current bishops, and was inundated with offers of help to finance it whilst it grew from its initial congregation of two!

If Robinson has used any of the donations on the cost of his holiday I think he has been foolish, but in the end is it anyone else's business?

I assume any behaviour can be excused if the person is the right kind of Christian.

Top Bottom