Local Elections May 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
I’m still planning to be here in 4 years and I’m 100% British.

As is Khan, of course.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
We have a plan(k).
Nd9GcRejmWFsQZYcgbADGaEhdVeCftQhBm6XtCcxg&usqp=CAU.jpg

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

multitool

The lack of introspection from Braverman is breathtaking.

I suspect it's wilful mendacity. She knows that the absolute majority of seats went to centre/centre-left parties. Therefore she knows that lurching right will further alienate the electorate.

But, at this stage, it doesn't really matter. The fight for some months now has been purely about who picks up the remnants of the Tory party after the GE.

I hope it's her. That way they'll be out of power for a decade*

*assuming no massive negative change in the country's fortunes under KS.

Beebo

Veteran
We are all looking forward to the Tories ripping themselves apart after the next election.
There is no way that one nation conservatives can live with the far right headbangers.
But I do worry for the future as a sensible right wing party is the natural political home to many people.

All uphill

I suspect it's wilful mendacity. She knows that the absolute majority of seats went to centre/centre-left parties. Therefore she knows that lurching right will further alienate the electorate.

But, at this stage, it doesn't really matter. The fight for some months now has been purely about who picks up the remnants of the Tory party after the GE.

I hope it's her. That way they'll be out of power for a decade*

*assuming no massive negative change in the country's fortunes under KS.

What you say makes sense, but do the likes of Braverman, Johnson and Truss recognise sense even when it pokes them in the face?

ebikeerwidnes

I saw some of Bravamen's interview

Basically she was saying the Tories are rubbish at the moment and Sunak is terrible and it all needs to change

Not really a good slogan for the next General Election
Vote Tory to have "some leader or other dunno who" and "policies that the new leader will decide on when he or she starts - could be anything"

A t least Count Binface has specified his policies!!!
(and sounds like a generally more competant politician!!!)

Top Bottom