P&O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
in part, to stop undercutting of seafarers! It was the usual "lexit" great-theory-that-the-Tories-were-never-gonna-do thinking: https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-sets-out-six-key-reasons-for-leaving-the-eu/

That's not aged well has it?

They could not have been more wrong if all the RMT leaders had PhDs in wrongness.
Between that level of stupidity from a supposed worker supporting organisation and the Tory govt. It's no wonder we're in the state we're in....
God they got that completely arse about face didn't they? I'm absolutely in favour of trade unions in principle but how do they manage to be so completely useless? They're like certain sexual practices which seem like a really good idea but which just end up being absolutely terrible or even in some cases actively harming the members.

Ian H

Guru
I am confused. Does P&O believe it's acting within the law? Does it muddy the legal waters that their (former) employees are on a foreign-registered ship? They seem to expect to be able to get away with it. There appears to be a suggestion that the government is complicit.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Über Member
God they got that completely arse about face didn't they? I'm absolutely in favour of trade unions in principle but how do they manage to be so completely useless? They're like certain sexual practices which seem like a really good idea but which just end up being absolutely terrible or even in some cases actively harming the members.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

It really is, but let's put the mechanics to one side for a moment and consider this 👇
Tiresome repeatment of the same arguments, nope other topic.

P&O has used the bail out money to pay out million to it's stakeholders/investors.. Therefore on paper the P&O shipping company makes a giant loss, enabling the management to fire all it's staff and claim it's ''needed'' but if you and i or anything else did the same thing on our tax claim form we're charged with fraud.

It's because our overly competent government that things like this happen.
Not saying that the Dutch government is the best in the world far from, but Booking.com did the same thing(they didn't come to firing all employees yet, but it started with ''legalized'' fraud with P&O too) and this is what happened:
https://nltimes.nl/2021/06/04/booki...state-aid-giving-eu28-million-bonuses-3-execs

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Über Member
Tiresome repeatment of the same arguments, nope other topic.
Rather than claiming I'm repeating the same arguments, perhaps you'd like to address the promises made by the people that championed Brexit in the snippets I posted, and point out where I, as opposed to they, were wrong?
It's because our overly competent government that things like this happen.
Now you're getting it.

Rather than claiming I'm repeating the same arguments, perhaps you'd like to address the promises made by the people that championed Brexit in the snippets I posted, and point out where I, as opposed to they, were wrong?
I responded in the brexit thread, tiresome to those very same arguments every single time, it not about that, i gave you an example of how a on paper ''dutch'' company felt forced to repay their bailout fund after dumping thousands of employes and paying an bonus to their CEO's
Same situation different country and no there is no such thing as a ''Nexit'' so your argument that it's due to Brexit is simply not correct. Maybe P&O pays back their bail-out money too if no.10 says they consider an ''investigation'' like their dutch counterparts did.(that's right just the announcement they considered an investigation was enough)

Top Bottom