War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Wrong on both counts.

The last diving I did was 17 years ago off an oil rig in the sea of Celebes off Borneo. Not exactly a PADI 'fundive', son.

Yeah right, the only diving you could do is into the biscuit tin.

Another Mitty.

multitool

Haven't you got another 8 pints to be drinking with your imaginary friends? :hello:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I don't have anything useful or knowledgeable to add on pipeline sabotage (although I don't know why I should let that stop me, if some of the other stuff on this thread is anything to go by), but I'd just like to say it's developing into quite an entertaining barney. :okay:

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Change thread title to civil war with cyclechat because non of us actually know what’s happening in Ukraine exactly.

multitool

Another round of Russian missiles hitting residential areas in Ukraine killing civilians.

Apparently this Russian aggression is NATOs fault, for not allowing Russian aggression...or something.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: C R

multitool

You can be an inadvertent Putin apologists because you don't like America's "rule based orders"...

...or you can recognise that it isn't a zero sum game.

D

Deleted member 49

You can be an inadvertent Putin apologists because you don't like America's "rule based orders"...

...or you can recognise that it isn't a zero sum game.
You are either with us, or against us....

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Change thread title to civil war with cyclechat because non of us actually know what’s happening in Ukraine exactly.

Why don't you consult your Russian friends on Facebook? They've kept you well clued up on the situation, apparently.

multitool

Well, you can put a hug smiley if you like, but in doing so you've just demonstrated that you didn't understand the post

stowie

Do you think China fears the west ? It seems to me most of the aggression has been from America towards China.I can't remember the last time a Chinese FM has actually come out and said it though.

View: https://twitter.com/minminlowCNA/status/1632944420315369472?t=am9tPlF1DZwf9xAzU9g32w&s=19

The analogy isn't a great one. Taiwan is a small, democratic contested country which has a vastly bigger power contesting its right to exist. The analogy really puts China in the position of Russia and Taiwan with Ukraine if comparing to the Russian invasion.

I accept, it is more grey than above since Taiwan sovereignty isn't recognised in most countries, which is mostly a diplomatic "smoke and mirrors" to keep both Chinese and Taiwanese diplomatic relations intact.

The analogy between the two contested areas is that Taiwan and Ukraine are both the democratic "little guys" with large unfriendly and autocratic neighbours.

China and US are in a hot technology trade war, which is probably not as well reported as it should be. The US are seriously spooked by China's technology development especially in military, which has been put on steroids by technology transfer to China in the last 20 years from the West. This is going into full reverse right now. This is what China is concerned about - the US is actively limiting its access to the highest technologies and with some good reason.

China don't care about Ukraine, and are only friendly with Russia insofar that they can use it as leverage with this trade war plus Russia has some pretty neat reserves of natural resources. China is getting some seriously cheap oil from Russia at the moment - rumour having it that Russia are selling at a loss just to move the stuff since the oil and gas facilities need to keep pumping.

Top Bottom