War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

Given the amount of people that have fell to their deaths from all sorts of activities involving heights and so called "safety harnesses and precautions" I reckon i'm justified in my complete fear of such activities.

Anyway, i have no idea what is going on between you and shep and i don't want to overstep my mark, but don't you reckon its all a bit silly? It's only an internet forum we all have lives and family outside of this place and i doubt any of us would talk to each other like this if we were all chatting face to face even with polar opposite political opinions.

Why? It's completely safe and he knows it. Working off a scaffold is way more dangerous. Working in a trench even more so.

He climbed a ladder, with a safety harness on. Wowee. If he climbed it without, then had 6 pints at the top, I'd be (mildly) impressed.

Let’s not forget that this started with you dismissing his opinions because of the status you assign to his work. Surely it is easy enough to demonstrate the many errors in his thinking without resorting to job snobbery, isn’t it?

multitool

Shaman
Let’s not forget that this started with you dismissing his opinions because of the status you assign to his work.

I did no such thing.

I dismiss his opinions on the basis of his global ignorance, shallowness of thought, and lack of curiosity. His job doesn't come into it.

I wouldn't even know what job he had if he hadn't brought it in as currency against what he perceives to be invalid 'soft' jobs. ie. Jobs that require using one's brain, rather than just climbing a ladder with a bag of tools to do some unskilled fettling.

Fred Dibnah, climbing chimneys, no safety harness, balls of steel.

19-15-12-images.jpg

Shep? Not so much :whistle:

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
Technically correct; I apologise for my loose wording. It wasn't because of the job, that was merely the stick with which you attempted - and failed - to beat him.

No "technically" about it. It was nothing to do with it, but thank you for at least acknowledging that you posted bullshit.

He denigrates people with education. I pointed out that as a result of his lack of it he is still having to climb ladders at 57. Lack of education hasn't enhanced his choices, it's limited them. He knows it.

multitool

Shaman
but don't you reckon its all a bit silly? It's only an internet forum we all have lives and family outside of this place and i doubt any of us would talk to each other like this if we were all chatting face to face even with polar opposite political opinions.

Of course it's silly.

Shep literally says he is only here to piss people off, so why shouldn't I reciprocate in the same spirit? It is utterly inconsequential. He doesn't care and neither do I

Last edited:
No "technically" about it. It was nothing to do with it, but thank you for at least acknowledging that you posted bullshit.
It was an error of wording, not meaning.
He denigrates people with education. I pointed out that as a result of his lack of it he is still having to climb ladders at 57. Lack of education hasn't enhanced his choices, it's limited them. He knows it.
I'm 60 soon. I also sometimes climb radio structures for a living, through choice. I have nothing but respect for good riggers in a work context.

I dislike and/or disagree with and/or abhor Shep's opinions on many matters, and his wilful ignorance rubs me up the wrong way at times, but pretending to superiority through employment choices doesn't do you any favours. What do/did you do for a living that sets you apart?

multitool

Shaman
@newfhouse

You've already said all of this. Repeating it does not make it any more likely to be right.

We disagree. Let's leave it there, as I have, elsewhere, not inconsiderable respect for your views.

Top Bottom